Saturday, November 25, 2006

"Device Not Detected"

Here are some conversation that I had, or I heard when my friends were talking and find it really funny and fascinating.

* * *

Me: What are you marking now?
Colleague (who sat beside me) : I gave my students a quiz, Science Quiz.
Me: How was it? Ok kah?
Colleague: Sigh... I don't know. I ask you lah, "What is a toy duck made from?"
Me: Rubber lah.
Colleague: Ia-tah... But my student answered "CHINA" !!!

(Note: It's a Science Quiz, not Geography yah. But.. I do find the answer very creative!)


* * *


Me: (smiling sweetly) I love you. Do you love me?

(I know! I'm damn lame! It's the question any girls would never quit asking their boyfriends/ husbands no matter how many times it's answered by the same person)

Bobby: I love you too~
Me: . . .

(Pause for five seconds, worrying that he might find it "fan" (annoying) whenever I asked that.

Me: Bi ah, you feel annoyed or irritated everytime I asked you that?
Bi: Nope. I just think that you're forgetful.

Yeap.

ALL women
are forgetful. Men, please kindly remind your dear/ darling/ honey/ chu-chu(pig-pig)/ baby and so on how much you love her whenever you can before it's too late.
- Dr. Nonnie King
* * *

This is via SMS.

Me: Bi, can you do me a favour? Type "nnnnn" and send it to "99999"? It's a charity donation for the hospital who cure kidney and stroked patients.

Bobby: Ok. Bi can you do me too? Type FeedChaliePuiPuiRM100 and send to 143. It's a chalie fund charity which I use to feed my chalie girl.


* * *
Nisah and I were chatting online, "woofing".

Nisah: Why do you always get to know so many stupid people? Doesn't it hurt?
Me: Mm.. Because God wants to let me know how SMART am I!

Damn muka-tembok kan! Hahaha. Well at least that makes me feel better everytime I got pissed off or annoyed by some idiotic morons.


* * *

Michelle: Hey, you got any new ring tone in your phone?
Pingko: Got, xxxxx by xxx and xxxxx by xxx.
Michelle: Send it to me using Bluetooth can.
Pingko: Okie, sending.
Michelle: Eh? Cannot leh, says "Device Not Detected".
Pingko: Hehe. My Bluetooth's name is "Device Not Detected"

Damn sat can! How many of you can actually think of a name like that?


* * *


The above conversations are 100% original with no added preservations and colorings... Wait, colorings got, because the fonts are green, blue, pink and grey colors.

Oi, copyright ah. Don't you people dare to modify it and forward it as a joke ah.


* * *

Lastly, I'll like to say~

Happy Birthday P. Swee Leong.


You have been a nice friend to me all the while.

You have been a great listener everytime I whined and complained about my work.

Not forgetting those funny comments you made when I told you what happened in my (previous) love life. <- Dramatic is what he'll use to describe people. Lastly, why the hell you're always away to work everytime we want to jalan with you! Anyway.. Kasian you lah, celebrating your birthday while working in offshore. Nevermind.. Probably you'll get to see dolphins jumping and if you get really lucky, perhaps mermaid(s) too!

(No kidding, real dolphins!)


p/s: Die.. I've been abusing my blog to convey private messages and greetings a lot lately. But, my blog mah.. I suka-hati do what also can kan?

Anyway.. isn't this the cheapest and most heart-warming way to greet?

(Better sleep soon, it's Mei Yuen's Big day tomorrow! Got to wake up at 5.30am!)


Click link above if you want to read what I blogged last August about "kahwin".

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Devide Not Detected very original hehe..

Iwan said...

yo nonnie:

you asked what are rubber ducks are made from and NOT where.. maybe the kids misconstrue the usage of that word bah?

Muahahahhahaa!!

Anyway, yup iwonder y ppl are getting married nowadyas.. Today my fren geting married.. haiz....

War186 said...

Haha toy duck made in China.

I agree, we always ask our boyfriends even though we already know the answer duh. Hee.

And yes that's original. Device not detected for your bluetooth's name. I would never have thought of that heh.

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

I've seen people using "disconnected". hahas.

My side also a lot of people get married. no idea why.. I want to wear the white grown also. :(

Nonnie King said...

Dee : Me too! I think I'll name mine "Error" next time. Muahhahaa

* * *

Iwan : Hehe, I'm not their Science teacher and also not the one who asked, so I don't know anything er.

I got 2 friends kahwin this month, 3 friends next month.. Damn pokai.

Nonnie King said...

Wardah : Ya lah.. of all answer, CHINA!

Well... we girls never will get sick of asking that I suppose.

* * *

Christina : Year end kua?

Don't they know if they kahwin now then Chinese New Year have to give angpao liao, very rugi wor. Muahahhaa.

* * *

Rebbe : Yup, CHINA!!!

My friend nearly pengsan seeing that answer, not one, but around 10+ students answered the same thing Rebbe!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one! Hahaha :) Tell Bobby that women are not 'forgetful' - it's men who don't say it often enough!

Anonymous said...

toy ducks why must be rubber leh! if me the student, i'll say plastic!

Nonnie King said...

Sha : Couldn't agree more with you Sha! Not enough!

* * *

Jason : Errr.. That I don't know lar. I'm not the one who set the question what~

* * *

Rebbe : They cheated. Because for the Maths quiz, 7 x 0 = 7 and also 10+ answered the same.

After I helped my colleague to mark the paper.. Headache berabis..

1 x 1 = 2

6 x 0 = 6

Even Primary 2 can answer them better.

Unknown said...

LOL... u always have such funny conversation ah?

Anonymous said...

I tend to think that not to say the 'I love you' sentence too much cos i want the 'i love you' to be really meaningful. Like when we r stuck in a moment where everything seems so right, i say 'i love you king'. It feels nicer than saying i love u everytime till it feels common. Agree? No?

Nonnie King said...

Kenny : What can I say? Hehe. I have funny friends.

* * *

Bobby : But for women, we wish we can hear that 3 words anytime mah.

LuUeE said...

haha.. Nonnie, Bobby so romantic.. If me even birthday wished seldom come out of my mouth.. coz i pai seh.. It just can't come out of my mouth.. Unless.. i say it to Vivian..
mwhahaha..

Anonymous said...

Lol. Where got I say stupid leeeehhh..hahahah. You didnt save the conversation did you?

No need cut and paste if you do.

hahahahaha.