Sunday, October 29, 2006

Help, anyone?

I had several topics that I want to blog.. But it seems like I can't get my thought organize. People, boleh tolong?

The topic I wanted to blog the most is,
"Bloggers, the familiar strangers".

Get the idea?

From reading a person's blog, you get to know what happened to him/her lately, what he/she likes and dislikes.. But, in real life.. the person is nobody but a stranger..

Until we read certain post in their blogs, and leave a comment or say "Hi" in that person's tagboard, then... catch their attention, likewise replying a comment or "Hi" back.. As time goes by, we became blogmates.. or even better, Friends.

In the other hand, ever thought that bloggers may have two personalities: online and offline. Online they may seem righteous, good and all that jazz. But offline, they are complete opposite. They say one thing online, but offline, they do exactly what they told others not to do.

(Thanks Nisah, for helping me to rephrase the sentence.. If not later people throw rotten eggs at me. Hahhaa)

There's these two really nice blogmates of mine... No, I rephrase... Not only blogmates, but friends.. true friends whom I get to know online from reading their blogs, Nisah and Iwan. Seriously, I never know I can get along so well, talking so much to a Malay. Not forgetting to mention dear Mr.Luuee, the funny "Mou-Lei-Tao" guy who actually happens to be Bobby's friend.

(Translation- Mou-Lei-Tao, Cantonese. Meaning..erm.. You get those jokes from Stephen Chow? Kungfy Hustle, Shaolin Soccer those.. Those kinda prank/joke are categorized under "Mou-Lei-Tau")


So people, want to share your ideas and thoughts for this topic?

I'll compile it give credits to all of you kind people one. I just feel like knowing what do you feel about this whole blogging getting to know more people thingie~

(So far I have someone who wish to remain anonymous sharing her thoughts with me already and I really appreciate it. You know who you are)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think i'm as articulate in real life. with blog entries, i can pick a topic i like to discuss, decide the length, and rewrite and edit for as long as i want. there's certainly a degree of control that is missing in the real life.

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

erm.. just like those friendster testimonials I get & those autograph books filled with "forever-friends" messages. they're all "sugar-coated" =)

oh and most of the time the facts get disorientated. Natural reaction to defend oneself so sometimes people tend to "exaggerate" a tiny bit so as to be "right".

But even in life, it's not easy to "know someone". Have friends whom you've all along treated as best friends and then one day you realise they stab you in the back. then many years later, you realise she did that cause you did something bad to her.. (and you don't realised it) -.- life's weird isn't it. I don't even understand what I'm talking about already. :p

Anonymous said...

Prior to The Brunei Times' Blogspeak, Maurina, Emma, Rano and I hadn't gotten together at all. There was no reason why we didn't, it just never happened.

I suppose the blogger is the natural evolution of the traditional pen friend: people who don't usually meet but keep each other informed through writing.

As for dual identities, I don't see how it is exclusive to blogging. You could have 2 different circle of friends and present a different face to each.

LuUeE said...

haahaha.. Nonnie, I guess authors of the so CALLED "BLOGs" want a place to relaz, CHILL OUT. But jus like friendster is the same thing, Some individuals are jus so EngAged (Not the nokia engage) into their profile that they think they are like their profile. HOLDING UP THEIR NOSE, HEAD HIGH BUT actually they are jus poo poo platter. mwhhaha.. But Nonnie, R U different from your blog.. hmm. I don think so? But i think people are usually similar to wht they say. mwhhah.. Time to do more crime.

Iwan said...

Wah Nonnie,
I am damn happy that my name is mentioned.. Cos to me, yo and kenny Ng blog are damn popular lor.. Hahahaha!!

Back to the topic, i seriosly think that sometimes rite, we can know a virtual fren better than a real freind to a certain extent lah...

Oh ya, i seriously enjoyed chatting with u online and no worries ok, i wont get bored talking to u online ok...

And i only have one sentence to say: Sometimes u feel that your own good friends are like strangers and your virtual "unseen " frens are like your own good frens...

Help me to rephrase if i am wrong...

Last not least, i ENJOYED making frens with you!!!!

Take Care Nonnie!!!!

Jason said...

i think its quite true.

there is one thing, what you write may not seem like what you want it to be. i write and write and write, but people don't get what i mean or how i really feel.

sometimes even feelings just can't be put to words. you can't tell what's the difference between 'wahhh!' and 'Wahhhhhhhhhh!' ? Maybe got difference to people or maybe no difference for some people.

its all quite different. the way one writes may seem very childish, but its he's very serious about it? you won't know by just reading.

but in another way, maybe u can express urself more with words? some people are shy and can't talk it out. but can type it out?

n attitude? people don't like to type. but they like to talk? some people really dun type much. u chat to them, if can, they won't reply one.

its all about control of language. and ability of expression, plus a little on attitude, i guess.

Ummu Ummati said...

Im very shy in real life.

(!)

Banar,Miss King.

Horny Ang Moh said...

HAPPY B-DAY 2 U!!!!PLEASE ENYOY THIS 8 DAYS AFTER THAT U R ONE YRS WISER ONE YRS MORE ELEGANT.

Thanis Lim said...

I blog mostly about food only. Hee hee. I use my blog as a diary and set myself as the only one who could read it.

Don't really share my feelings about the world to people.

Anonymous said...

how true...come to think of it. Before this, there was an informal bloggers meet last July, where most of them I have never met before. All of us knew each other through the net/blog only. Its quite a refreshing thing getting to know other people through the blogsphere. In the end it was nice to meet everyone in the flesh. Hopefully, our girly time bloggers meet would be absolutely wonderful for everyone. Sorry boys heheh..