Friday, September 8, 2006

Mid Autumm Festival is coming !

It was not till today that, while I was driving alone up BSB for a meeting, listening to AiFm (Sorry, Not a fans of local radio station because I think some local DJs are damn lame and exaggerating), and a whole lot of mooncakes advertisement on air lah.


Click HERE to know more about the stories and myths behind.

Mid-Autumm will be on 6th October this year! WooHoo!

I love Mid-Autumm (or most of you prefer to call it Mooncake) Festival.

Playing with lanterns, admiring the round-and-round moon, running around, eating mooncakes and peanuts..
Bloody fun can.

(Except for the lantern burning part)




My mum used to buy me those batteries-operated lanterns, with musics and blink-blink lights when I was a kid. But I kind of prefer the traditional paper one, which I always accidentally burned the whole thing off...Yea Yea.. I'm clumsy..


One more thing, I really don't understand why adults.. (ok.. I know I should be consider as an adult too now) love to give each other mooncakes.. It's like.. so troublesome!

Mum: Hey, later company me go buy mooncake ah.

Me: For what? Buy so many later no one eat put in the fridge and seh-kor (mould on it)

Mum: Aiyah.. so-and-so auntie give us mah, must "return-gift"

Me: Haiyooo~! Why so mafan? I give you, you give me, in the end you still get back the same thing. Waste money and time nya...

Mum: What to do.. Chinese like that one lar..

Me: .....

(And justnow my mum just asked me when is Bobby coming back because she's buying him and his family Amway's mooncake.. Gah.. I think that's the n-times I told her no need to bother, because later Bobby has to buy back another box and "return gift".)

Yah, justnow when I was watching the news on TV, I saw this very interesting (Taiwan) news.

Former Democratic Progressive Party chairman Shih Ming-teh (施明德) had organized a mass sit-in aimed at pressing President Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁) to step down. And they follow the old history that happened 600+ years ago! They gave away mooncake in the press conference and inside the mooncake, there's a little paper with the message: "September 9th, Anti-Chen Mass Sit-In!"

For those who don't know what happen 600+ years ago that had related with the Mooncake festival, here.. Read it.


The history


The Mid-Autumn Festival also commemorates an uprising in China against the Mongol rulers of the Yuan Dynasty (12801368) in the early 14th century. As group gatherings were banned, it was impossible to make plans for a rebellion. Noting that the Mongols did not eat mooncakes,Liu Bowen (劉伯溫) of Zhejiang Province, advisor to a Chinese rebel leader Zhu Yuanzhang, inserted a piece of paper with the message: "Rise against the Tatars on the 15th day of the Eighth Moon" (八月十五殺韃子) in the mooncake. On the night of the Moon Festival, the rebels successfully attacked and overthrew the government. What followed was the establishment of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), under the rebel leader Zhu Yuanzhang. Henceforth, the Mid-Autumn Festival was celebrated with moon cakes on a national level.

See, that's why I like Taiwan political news.. I watch them like some Dramatic Entertainment News!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,ah king! your blog really update me lots of info,specially for ppl like me! hahaha, now then i know mid-autumn falls on the 6th Oct,the day im flying to SG eh!!! yeah~~~don worry,i'll buy mooncakes from SG 4 u ok?...hahaha!!

Btw,i don get what the hell is this>>>"September 9th, Anti-Chen Mass Sit-In!"

Nonnie King said...

Ms Kelly Lim. Read more news and care about our world lah.

And.. I don't want mooncake. If you bring mooncake back for me, I'll wrap it nice and give it away one ah.

I want other things but not food ah.

Iwan said...

Hi Nonnie,
My birthday is 5 oct lei...
Maybe u wanna consider air freight me some mooncakes???
Muahahahahaha! lolz!!!!

Nonnie King said...

My Birthday is on 5th November, one month after you. *Tsk Tsk*

If I air freight mooncake for you, what are you going to give me in return leh?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE mooncakes. Still waiting for the day when they decide to use Jack Daniel's as the filling. :-P

Anonymous said...

Give you mooncakes still want 2 "hiam"! give you 10GB Hdd free pun worried if that will be your birthday gift??!!! knsss....

Excuse bobbyyyy?? better teach ur gf here to have some good manners la! hahaha...

Anonymous said...

King, tell ur mom really no need buy, but of course i wan to buy for u n ur mom+dad ;p. Hmm...i've heard 3 version of the mooncake origin. One is the rebellion against the mongol, the other is the two immortals when to earth n deal wit the sun, and the third is replacing the guilish rice balls or something. King,i wan to feed feed u mooncake till u r nice and sweet n round round like mooncake ;)

Nonnie King said...

Bobby Lim! : Never see such boyfriend want the girlfriend to be round and fat one wor!

Sot Sot Dei one you

Anonymous said...

How can i carry away windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops first software?
I suffer with recently bought a in use accustomed to laptop that is old. The person I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, orderly although it at came with windows Me. I be to eradicate the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more tribute than the windows Me would. Also I want to massacre windows xp because it is an forbidden copy. So when I tried to ass updates on it, windows would not initiate updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://tphueks.makesboyscrazy.com]amgen bike tour[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

It's best to scram [URL=http://tjjijoe.makesgirlscrazy.com/terri-phipps-craigslist.html]terri phipps craigslist[/URL] Windows XP and just upgrade your laptop. It's much better. [URL=http://vfnkpom.makesboyscrazy.com/san-diego-preschool-dan-brannen.html]san diego preschool dan brannen[/URL] Besides, Windows XP is way [URL=http://tumxopf.makesgirlscrazy.com/moderate-grade-partial-thickness-tear.html]moderate grade partial thickness tear[/URL] better then Windows Me. Windows Me is d‚mod‚ and tons programs that can hustle with XP, can't [URL=http://omoohqe.makesgirlscrazy.com/forbes-gasoline-rebate.html]forbes gasoline rebate[/URL] look over with Me.
------------------------------
all you take to do is brochure the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the malignant [URL=http://zgiivqi.makesboyscrazy.com/trex-decking-evansville.html]trex decking evansville[/URL] shield with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://lbqaqou.makesboyscrazy.com/panasonic-dmp-bd55k.html]panasonic dmp-bd55k[/URL] hit any latchkey when it tells you to then put from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE COPY TO WIPE [URL=http://omoohqe.makesgirlscrazy.com/food-handler-permit-online-wa.html]food handler permit online wa[/URL] MANIFEST THE [URL=http://lbqaqou.makesboyscrazy.com/palomar-linear-amplifiers.html]palomar linear amplifiers[/URL] THOROUGH TIRING SEND WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH UNDENIABLE [URL=http://tneqnyw.makesboyscrazy.com/pulp-fiction-originality-movies.html]pulp fiction originality movies[/URL] PUSH TO POSITION IT ON. THEN SUM ALL THE UNENCUMBERED SPELL ON THE CLEAR [URL=http://uifrblw.makesboyscrazy.com/allegheny-valley-school-district.html]allegheny valley school district[/URL] FLINTY TRAVEL ONTO A UP TO DATE DOCUMENTATION FINGERS ON, IT INCLINATION LOOK LIKE C:/ Exposed or something like that