Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Swimming is FUN

It's been quite some time that I hadn't blogged anything about what I'd done and where I went.

So, whether you like it or not *stick tongue out*, I'm going to blog about Bobby and I went swimming yesterday.


Had a meeting at M.O.E yesterday and so the day before, I text Bobby and asked if he had any place in mind that we can go "paktoh" (Dating).

Was thinking about go swimming but I have to drive back alone for one hour... If I doze off how?

And coincidentally, Bobby suggested the same thing! (Ee seg, connected eh~). Arghh... tired tired lah, don't care liao. I had not swim for almost 6 months already.

p/s: My solution of keeping myself alert and awake is - Speeding.
(Boys and girls, please don't try this!)


Kay, let me explain why do I have to travel so far just to swim.

I can't swim in BSRC or Panaga Club because I'm not rich enough to pay the membership fee and my father doesn't work in Shell.

And.... the most important reason of all is, the only public pool available in Belait district is in Mumong Sport complex. Damn freaking dirty! No one.. I mean any of my friends are willing to swim there.

I saw a lot of UFO (Unidentified Floating Objects), I tried to keep my mouth shut under the water and definitely no DRINKING of water + chlorine + urine + sweat + sun block!

(I ever saw pampers floating inside there! Tell me if you ever see something more disgusting that this)


Plus, a lot of "buaya(s)" there.

Not that the pools in BSB don't have, but at least it's bigger, I'm not limited to swim within the "safe zone" pathetically, and I can swim away, far far away where they can't see anything if they submerged down to check out boobies, or pubic hairs swaying sensitive areas .


Hehe. Actually, I only learned how to swim last few years.

Malu hor? (No lah.. At least I know how now mah~ Better late than never)

And the reason why I learn it is because, I'm forced to (by the boyfriend)

He said he doesn't feel secure knowing that I can't swim. I answered him I don't need to know how because he can rescue me, like hero rescuing their beautiful lovers. Then he asked, "If I'm not there, how?"

And he say, "Now you cannot ask me if my mum and you fell down into the sea, who will I save first. Because you know how to swim, and my mum doesn't". <- So cunning!

-___-"

(And so, I had my informal swimming lesson every week from that day onwards)


I guess I'm the oldest student learning how to swim at that time.

Me, 21 years old, kicking for laps with the board. Lucky not using those inflated "tyre" like floats around my waist!

I was a fast learner, just a few lessons and I can float and swim freestyle breaststroke and backstroke is easy.

But my "teacher" is so mafan (troublesome), I even had to learn butterfly.


In Brunei's (public) pool, you won't see any sexy girls wearing bikinis. The sexiest I ever seen in Brunei is still the one-piece swim suit.

But... you can see a lot of girls wearing (red or black) bras with white t-shirts and hot pants.

And guys wearing double pants - underwear inside, short pants outside. Can clearly see the ugly shape of their panties. <- How to swim dragging the heavy water soak in the baju/ pants I don't understand.

Speedo type of swimming trunks got lah, not very often though.

And pakai kaca-mata (wearing spectacles), I saw one yesterday!

Don't ask me what kind of "fashion" is that, all I can say is.. it's uniquely "BRUNEI STYLE". At least for now I have never come across any ladies wearing tudong while swimming lah.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The bad thing about the national stadium is that.... there's so many seductive food stalls with a varieties of choice there!

I mean, you jogged, you run, you swim... Then, one Roti John and there goes all your effort.


Really a lot I tell you
7 in front of the pool entrance.
Have not included the rest located elsewhere


Very hard (for me) to resist eh!

You all should know how hungry we all always felt after swimming. Those evil stalls summoning our hungry soul to step forward so they can add thousands of calories into our bodies.


Hehe. I ordered Burger special (Ayam + Telur)


And fat guy bought coconut juice and roti john from the other stall. We had a little picnic on his car to finish the food.


Quite nice the feeling, cool breeze blowing, one hand holding the burger, the other hand with roti john, and mouth sucking coconut juice.


And there goes the laps I swam.

I am a bit lazy recently that I'd done a few scrapbooks using my hand clicking on keyboard and mouse, rather hand using them on scissors and pens.


If you're my "Friend" in Friendster, bet you'd seen more of my Digital scrapbooks.

22 comments:

Paupau said...

i didn't see malay wearing tudung in swimming pool,but i did see them like that when bathing in waterfall..strange..

i didn't swim for a long long long time d[3-4 years i think?] lor..already forgot how to swim..think even can't wear my swimming suit anymore..haha..

btw,what's a roti john?never heard of it before..hehe...

p.s:hey!i'm the first commentor leh...shocking.lolz

War186 said...

I can't swim. Boon can't swim. Save us. Hehe.

"And he say, "Now you cannot ask me if my mum and you fell down into the sea, who will I save first. Because you know how to swim, and my mum doesn't"."
I like that. Very clever of Bobby hehe. ;P

Horny Ang Moh said...

DID U PRETEND TO DROWN & ASK BOBBY 2 SAVE U? ( KISS OF LIFE?)

Anonymous said...

i love to swim but the thing is i get quite scared of deep water, childhood memory..

Jason said...

i love to swim too! eh, didn't swim up stairs meh. more fun. at least that's wat i think, haha!

plus, after u swim, u are definitely hungry! so the stalls are a convenience.

plus, swimming so wet, how to take photos oh? wat about the camera? not afraid meh?

the water won't drag the pants. the pants float naturally in the water. it's only that if the pants are over your knees, the pants will get in the way. unless it went up the leg lah.

i tried the kaca mata way before, but the spectacles fell on the floor. then after that, scared sudah, so no more. haha

Nonnie King said...

Pauline : I don't think that people will "forget" how to swim. Once you jump down the water, paddle paddle sure can swim liao.

Oh, roti john is a kind of bread.. Mm.. the egg is beaten, and meat is added in it.

Fry them on those flat pan, when it's almost done, put the hot dog bun on top so the egg and meat stick to it.

And when it's done, add some thin slices of cucumber and carrot with chili/tomato + mayonaise!

Phew... That's long!

You get it now?

Nonnie King said...

Wardah : Haha, clever to you but cunning to me.

* * *

HORNY ANG MOH : I NEVER PRETEND. ONCE MY HEAD SUBMERGED DOWN, HE'LL THOUGHT THAT I'M DROWNING AND PULL ME UP.

ERR.. KISSING UNDER THE WATER...EH, NOT NICE EH, WATER WILL GO IN AND CANNOT BREATHE.

LOOKS ROMANTIC ONLY, IT SUCKS ACTUALLY.

Anonymous said...

nonnie,oooh..i think i got it..haha..thanks for the explain..but it feels like a burger leh..hehe

Nonnie King said...

Rebbe : I don't feel safe swimming when the water is more than 3M. Ever nearly got drown once too, so only when I know I'm not too far from the ground (that I could kick myself up and breathe above water) then I feel ok.

* * *

Jason : Downstair got more shades mah. I swim at the deeper area, and.. it feels faster swimming downstair and safer.

Hehe, I asked Bobby to dry his hand, take my camera from my bag and put in on the cement above the float, then auto lah.
My camera gets a bit wet but still functioning properly.

Cool, you forget that you're wearing your glasses or purposely want to try one oh?

Nonnie King said...

Pauline : Mm huh, except for the shape.

You can see it in my entry, it's that thing beside the burger.

Unknown said...

I learn so many times still dunno how to swim, that's my only thing I failed in my life... LOL

Anonymous said...

Aww so sweet, a picnic in the car boot hehe.. And I love your she belongs to him, he belongs to her picture. :P

Nonnie King said...

Kenny : Hmm.. Then to be safe, you have to bring a float wherever you go lor?

(pointing to your tummy)

* * *

Sha : Thanks girl.

Jason said...

purposely try one loh. i really can't see without my specs. but i got used to it already. heck, i bath with my specs. =p

Iwan said...

hahaha!!!

Brunei is quite conservative lah..
u know in singapore, i even see an angmog changing infront of me..

hehehe!!!

I love swimming too and i can cuci my mata too.. lolz!!!

Nonnie King said...

Jason : Wah, ever consider in doing a LASIK?

* * *

Iwan : No wonder Wei De called you Uncle HB!
Hahhahaa

A lor, Brunei still quite conservative. But of course, there's still a lot of party animals around.

Anonymous said...

sadly..i cannot swim..n i'm oredi old..huhu..
eyhh..i ever saw malay jog in tudung but pakai baju sleeveless n short pant...hahaha..i almost laugh at her face..wahahaha

Nonnie King said...

Nureen : Exactly! I mean.. what's the point wearing tudung but pakai sexy?

So the hair won't kana wind blow and mess it? Or "alim" atas, "sexy" bawah.

Anonymous said...

There was once at Mumong swimming pool when a girl wore a 2-piece swimsuit, and the silly guard forbid her from entering the pool. Ai yah, so many buayas there too. A middle aged malaikung kept trying to strike up conversation, but i couldn't speak brunei malay. school teacher taught standard malay only. so i didn't know what he wanted. except the last sentence when i left the pool after about an hour, when he said "jumpa lagi ah".

when i got pregnant, i decided to pay the expensive B$5 per session at jpmc swimming pool. very clean water. but... the shower rooms follow ang moh style, ie. see through door. nevermind lah. perut big big, nobody will be interested in peeping. hee hee.. but quite uneasy. therefore never showered there. merely changed and left.

Nonnie King said...

A-Nonnie-Mouse : I did saw the sign board at Mumong swimming pool on what can'e be worn there. Kinda stupid I think. And yah, so many hamsap ah-pek there trying to look for second/ third/ fourth wife.. Sigh..

I love the JPMC pool! But too bad, kinda far away lor. The location is kinda inconvenient for me. =(

Everytime I saw pregnant woman swimming, I can't stop starring at their cute tummies lah, then imagine the baby inside swimming too~ So cute.

Anonymous said...

I ever when i just started knowing how to swim, i went to the swimming pool wit my sis. Got this man keep on *accidently* come close and bump onto her.

After few times my sis told me so i submerge under the water beside her so the man didn't c. When he started to come near my sis, i *accidently* kick his butt while coming up from the water and say sorry.

Of course he keep looking at me but i was stil a kid so swim away smiling instead of confront him.

Nonnie King said...

I can imagine a chubby small eye Chinese boy with a witty smile showing peace sign to his sister.

That's my Ah Pui~