Friday, December 1, 2006

Shabby Chic. I Heart Scrapbooking

Short One.

My mum was watching "Oliver Twist" while me waiting for my favorite "Project Runway" show. Jamie Oliver took out the stone pounder and pounded I-dunno-what. My mum said,
"Eh? Ang moh use that also one meh?"

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

SCRAPBOOKING IS FUN!!!

It was not long ago when I saw the ad in Borneo Bulletin that there'll be a new shop opening in The Mall that sells Scrapbooking & Card-Marking materials, named Shabby Chic.


Can you imagine how happy I was? Finally! A decent shop to get decent materials, papers, patterns and accessories for my card. No more "Dulan-ness" for not getting the right "stuffs" that I have in my mind.

Shabby Chic

I went to the shop on the second day they opened, I was a happy girl.


But.. I didn't know what I want to buy! Everything is so damn nice.... (but a bit expensive comparing to my low-cost construction papers). I picked some papers and the shop lady came to me. She asked if I'm new to scrapbooking and of course I said yes. She told me that they offer class for beginners and that day was the last day of the promotion. Without a doubt, I signed up.


And today, Cikgu Nonnie is a student again~
But only for 3 hours lah.

Our seats


I was asked to bring 3-4 photos for one theme. I brought 20.

And had a hard time choosing because I wanted them all.

(Guys reading this might probably shake his head, roll his eyes now and sighed.. "Woman...")

With the help of Irene, I chose 5. Greedy huh? And others only got 3...

After choosing the photos, I got to think of the title. Irene gave me some examples like "My Friends", "My Family", "Me and My Boyfriend", "Me and My Lover" and so on..

I said "Me and Bobby"... and quickly corrected the mistake and said, "Bobby and I".

Ans she told me there was someone who insisted "Me and My Brother" instead of "My Brother and I" when she suggested it.

* * *

It's time to choose the papers. 3 plain colour papers (there's a name for it but I forgot liao..) and 1 pattern paper.

So many choices! And this is not all.


Then we choose one base colour, and the color for matting.

After that, designing the layout.


The pattern has both sides. The Retro circles print(bottom) and the black lines(top) is actually from the same piece of paper. Cool huh?

And also, the photos are matted. One photo is picked as the focus.

Can you see which one I choose as the eye-catching one?

Irene (Left) and Beverly (Right) teaching and guiding us patiently.
They're very nice and sweet.


By here, can say semi-finished liao.

And now we can add journaling and some embellishment like stickers, die cuts, rubber stamps and punches.


I don't like to use the word "Camwhore" for myself.. Because I'm not "whoring".

No emo face, no big and innocent eyes, no peace sign, no pretty face... So, that's not camwhoring!


I'm only showing my appearance, so Cam-show.

I repeat, CAM-SHOW!

Here, take a look at my "classmates" work.


While finishing and wondering what to do next, a familiar face with a SLR walked in, talking to Irene and Beverly and snapping photos.

I asked, "Are you Rano?".
He replied, "Ya".
He looked at me and say "And I think I ever saw your site.. you're Nooooo..."
"Nonnie", I answered with a smile.

(Well, that shows I don't look any different from my pics since he can sort-of remember me)

That will make him the first ever Brunei blogger I saw in real person.


You guys are going to see him blogging about "Shabby Chic" real soon I guess.

* * *

Oh, I bought this really lovely thing... A sticker pad with lots of nice quotes inside.


And since I only made 1 theme instead of 2 as promised and paid earlier, Irene gave me this (as compensation I guess), which I really love!

Gel Alphabets.
Beside it is Glue Tap

Hehe. I know most of you think that it's a "roller" or the white correction tape that is so commonly found in any stationery shop. It's not. It's a super convenient and easy to use glue tape and works exactly like the correction tape.

I was so "sua-ku" (kampung) when I know what it is..

* * *

Here people, if you're interested in making a scrapbook or get any card making materials, here's the contact.


You'll love it!

40 comments:

Effy said...

I will be visiting the shop soon. Hehe. I've never made a scrapbook in my life before but i did made a file holder, a box and journals. But that was for assignments lah. Haha. What other stuff they are teaching there?

Error Q said...

天啊。。 你不去做艺术家真的浪费了啦。。。。

Anonymous said...

SO THIS IS WHAT SCRABING IS ABOUT. IF I INTEND 2 TO OUT THIS PROJECT I WILL NAME IT 'HORNY I'. NICE ENTRY I LEARN SOMETHING NEW. BTW CAN U TELL ME WHAT 'LOLZ' MEANT. TQ HAVE A NICE DAY.

Nonnie King said...

Effy : Not so sure if they offer other class or not bor. But that shop is a must-go place.

* * *

Karen : Wah.. You see so high I malu leh.

* * *

HORNY ANGMOH : ERRR.. WITH ALL THE HAMSAP PICTURES KA? THAT WILL BE 18SX LOR?

lunaticgal said...

:( here only got the selling "paper" shop nia :(

JaMie said...

gosh. this is so artsy.

Anonymous said...

scrapbooking seems a lot of work loh. i've always thought of doing scrapbooking, but always procrastinated haha. ur one not bad~~

Nonnie King said...

Lu Lu : Don't worry, maybe come day they'll bring them in mah.
And... I have to drive 1hr just to get there you know..

* * *

Jamie : And I thought you'll add "fartsy" behind it..

* * *

Jason : 3hrs ah! I never thought it takes so long.

Thanks ah, you seldom say something nice about my stuffs bah.

Anonymous said...

i want to make my own scrapbook too..like that stuff...waaaahhh..so jeless..huhu

Nonnie King said...

Rebbe : Maybe they see you're too "Macho" for it liao kua?

Not like me, girly and sweet. (Terkarang... -_-")

* * *

Nureen : Don't say say only, must go and make it happen. =p

aint that a bitch said...

hey y never tell me that i never added u in my link over my blog.anyway ur added!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for my scrapbook made by u. But really very nice the current one you just made. My christmas wish list is to have tat one from u King hehe.

Nonnie King said...

Hadianto : Thanks for the link =^_^=

* * *

Bi : And if I make one for you, where are you going to put? In the drawer ah?

lunaticgal said...

hadianto: u tot everyone like u meh :P

rose said...

wowww... thanks for blogging about this babe!!! tulip will love this shop... and shabby chic should pay you for advertising hehe becos its working!! now i wanna go to the mall n get some....

p/s: and i dont do scrapbooks *lol*

Nonnie King said...

Lu Lu : LOL

* * *

Rose : Maybe you should tell Irene about this and let her make me VIP of the shop without having to spend $500.

Irene, you reading this? =p

LuUeE said...

hahh.. Nonnie, I m shaking my head and saying "Gal". Such a job that's nicely designed. Hmm, you should design a bra with those materials and the world would be saved.. .

Paupau said...

OMG!i lovveee that shop!!*envy* wanna fly to your place and live there d lah..yorr..why kedah don't have this shop d.wanna make cards also cannot..lack of materials..=="!
by the way,kindam unique wor that scrapbook you made..hmm..might use this idea next time..[you own't mind hor?need to charge ma?hehe.=p]

Nonnie King said...

Luuee : Design a bra? I thought the best bra that can support the boobies are a pair of hands. Hahahhaa.

* * *

Pauline : Last time we don't have also mah. Lucky they brought it in.

Copy my idea ah, can... since you so loyal read my blog must reward you a little one.

Merv Kwok said...

Ooo hey, that looks like lotsa fun. Wonder if there's something like that in Singapore

LuUeE said...

yea lo.. I know that would be the prefect bra.. But then later.. erm.. how ha.. if hand is very tired.. then cannot cover her there then how.. give other men see.. their eyes benefit..

Nonnie King said...

Merv : Singapore so much more "in" than Brunei, sure got one.

* * *

Luuee : Aiyooo..only wear tat bra at home mah.

rose said...

babe.. third floor of the mall ertinya same floor with the cinema kah? was searching for this 'shabby chic' with my friend yesterday.. but after hours of searching for it.. we gave up haha.. i thought its on first floor!!!.. .we searched until second floor only i tink... grrr

fung shui not good dat shop keke...

Iwan said...

Hi nonnie,
There's a shop over here in singapore similar like this!!

I tink i talked to you in MSN abt the art and craft shop rite??

Muahahaha!

Thats a NICE card you made for bobby!!!

LuUeE said...

haha.. i don know wat to say.

IngSiang said...

Espeed2 rosak for my weekend! -.-"

Neway, sounds a lot of fun! =) Should had grab it for a gift for a fren. @_@ I love customize products! =) How's the pricing ah? I hope it's not too expensive.. =D

Else I can only do 'em in comp, hhe, use the scrapbookMAX software, LoL.

Nonnie King said...

Rose : Yeap, third floor, just next to "Solitude".

Try again. If not later regret oh.

* * *

Iwan : Ya lah.. How I wish I can join the class for you ah, since you not interested anyway~

* * *

Luuee : Malu ah?

* * *

Ing Siang : No wonder no update for so long lah.

The pricing ah...Erm... above average lor. For me, sikit sikit expensive lah.

But if use the software.. printed out, it won't feel the same liao bor

stefani said...

Your page turned out great! :)

War186 said...

You made scrapbooking look like fun! I want! :D Waiting 'til allowance comes out hee.

Nonnie King said...

Stefani : Thanks. :)

* * *

Wardah : Getting the money comes easier than getting the idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a really fun shop. Thanks for sharing and blogging about it. =D

Hmm and they let you take photos as well? Most shopkeepers give me dirty looks if I sneak out my camera. XD

Nonnie King said...

Hehe. I told them that I'm going to blog it and hey, it's free publicity what~

Anonymous said...

Hey Nonnie,
It's Bev. Thanks for the great feedback on Shabby Chic. Hope you're continuing scrapping and making cards at home. We've got more new arrivals - great gifts too if you're stuck on ideas for Xmas as well gift vouchers. Hope to see you there soon. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

http://soundcloud.com/user617591907/premium-rush-movie-2012 - Premium Rush film good quality, buy Premium Rush movie high quality, The Premium Rush Movie Download Iphone 10181,

Anonymous said...

To see these creative minds bubbling with such vision brings me great pleasure. http://www.lateuggboots.com The field will be planted with weeds, grasses and whatever volunteer plants grow and left unmowed. north face Tell us. north face Etiam hendrerit quam sed orci congue posuere laoreet urna condimentum. north face jackets Imagine the shopping version of an iTunes shuffle.

Anonymous said...

It sweet, feminine and functional all at once, and you can ask for more than that when you wearing a gorgeous gown and killer heels. ghd scarlet collection Don't throw away your other abilities. north face jackets on sale However, this is just a marketing pitch of the store. http://www.oneghdhair.com Find out their rates, and if they are charging per shot for artists rather than a "day rate" which is more typically for corporate work. north face Th Powerpuff Girls Game: Saving th World before Bedtime is anothe popular role-playing gam that deserves mention because of th immense popularity they h been.

Anonymous said...

An amazing, avoid controlling returning and also make minds immediately turn considering the range of fabric, hues, layouts thus embroideries for you to elect to quickly make an online purchase.. http://www.softuggboots.com Right in the heart of downtown Phoenix is Arizona Center, an open air shopping center designed to serve as a hub of activity in an attractive clean setting. http://www.verynorthface.com My Hopper recorded this episode, and I've set it to record the rest of the season. ghd hair straighteners Over the course of the film, he challenges the contraints that society has placed both on himself and a sidekick who he meets along his journey, and eventually emerges victorious in a story that mixes equal parts extremely clever humor, down-to-the-wire suspense, and boundless heart. http://www.wellnorthface.com Written between 1985 and 2010, most of these essays are unpublished in English, or published only in rare catalogues or art books.

Anonymous said...

When I worked in book publishing, only a few companies had started to put books on CDs. ugg boots A large number of Christian Louboutin outlet stores have been built all over the world because of the increasing reputation of Christian Louboutin. north face uk It is entirely probably that there were women who had tea gowns made of sumptuous fabric converted into an evening wear after a few years of wear as a tea gown. north face outlet Now, this time you are watching Giambattista Valli Latest fall fashion collection presented in Paris Fashion Week. uggs outlet Lack of efficiency, many more potential buyers, and buy Prada design.

Anonymous said...

I can wait until the move is over. north face outlet Her designs are for a business woman who likes to take risks. uggs outlet I love this about my job.. http://www.verynorthface.com In fact, even while activity on the site right now is fairly muted because it so early in its lifespan, many of the beta testers are clearly already hooked, with some racking up hundreds of paydays and many hours on site in just a short space of time: this blogger, for example, says she is Fantasy Shopper addict there is work to be done: in some places the experience feels like it needs to be more open; more shops need to come in; outfit creation feels a little clunky; sometimes the regular callouts to share what you doing on Facebook are a bit pushy. north face outlet This website offers you a wide array of jewelry, may it be, rare, unique, limited edition, traditional, or exotic almost everything can be found on eBay.

Anonymous said...

Well, the long and chandelier earrings with semi precious stones in vibrant colors are the protagonists. cheap north face jackets You can do your homework with respect to diamond fashion jewellery items before you shop the on-line retailers you most prefer. north face canada Specialty drinks are made in martini shakers by "Tea Tenders." An energizing and healthy breakfast of Chai Oatmeal or Açai Crunch Cup is served until 10:30, after that these delicious beverages can be paired with natural fusion entrees of bowls and wraps using local and organic products.. http://www.softuggboots.com These same people who say that the students they admitted did not earn their grades may be the same ones who say that it okay to lie so that the school can admit better students next time. http://www.downuggboots.com However, if perspex heels are in fact your cup of tea, yet you don quite fancy Margiela £675 price tag, I present you Zara take on this high end trend Style O ever the seasoned heel wearer, would think twice about wearing these creations at 10am.