Monday, December 25, 2006

Wedding Celebrations of CIS18



First of all,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Gila..My first time changing the colors of the font one by one. Not fun at all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As mentioned in the previous post, I attended 2 weddings in a row. Damn tiring...

You know lah, girls have to pick their nicest dress out from the wardrobe, meaning don't know how many dress they tried or go shop for. Then make up again leh. Then shoe have to match with the dress. And hairdo lagi..

How mafan (troublesome) can it get?

Oh well, I got to admit that it is the kind of trouble a woman enjoys a lot though.

The entrance

(Stupid) Hong sms me and say it's better to arrive the venue at 6.45pm to get a precious parking. So I rushed, but still ended up late. Well, it was raining, I had to fill my car fuel first and picked up Bobby...

Errr.... Erm... Eh....

Okay, I lied. What I said is part of the reason, but the main reason is... the original dress I picked doesn't fit well (as my stupid tummy is bulging out) and so I picked another one and had to iron it. Bloody.

Their Wedding Photo

I wonder why the couples in wedding photo all looks very "action" and "emo".
(Refering to the guy above)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All the tables are numbered. And classified nicely into:

- Groom's relatives
- Groom's colleagues & Friends
- Bride's relatives
- Bride's colleagues & Friends

But.... You know lah, those uncle, auntie got so good follow arrangement meh? They see whoever they know walking in, they will...

"Lai lai lai.. Here got seat. Sit here, sit here."


Luckily we managed to get a table and with only 2 "outsiders" only.

Table 34
L-R: Eshyn, Orange & hubby, Bobby, Me, Hong, Imah & friend.


The Stage


There's a lot of red and pink balloons, but they only stayed there for less than 1 hour because some kids ran up there and grab the whole bunch down. And gradually the other kids followed too.

Hehe. I sat between Bobby and Hong, which feels very nice. Because both of them will "kiap" food for me because they know I'm very clumsy and I might drop the piece of chicken in to my tea cup.


Oh, let me introduce you my brother Hong. Not real brother lah, but the kind of friend that makes you feel like a dotted little sister. He's my driver when I got no transport to go to school and work. He's my groupmate who give a lot of ideas and contribute the most in our final year project. He brought me 粽子 (Rice dumpling) when he knew I'm spending 端午节 (Dragon Boat Festival) alone in BSB without family.

The important point here is, he's
SINGLE & AVAILABLE!

There's only 3 Chinese in CIS18, Keith, Hong and Me. Since the other brother Keith kahwin liao, I got Bobby also... left Hong only, must help him promo a bit bah.

I told Bobby that I think next time during our wedding (Eee-seh, tak malu pun), we'll have a table specially for people who are single, giving them a chance to meet new friends. Who knows next year we can get one "Match-maker" angpao? Muahhahha. Think too much.

L-R: Bobby, Sing Yin, Me, Hong & Imah

Nothing much to say about this pic. I just think I looked good here. Hahaha.

Live Band

Unlike most wedding dinner with karaokes and stuff, this wedding is more special. They have live band, the lead single (who play the.. 4 drums thingie, I don't know what is that call) from Venezuela and Imi's bro was there too, the one playing the electric piano.

Thank goodness. My ears are safe from 榕树下 and 爱拼才会赢.

(The Chinese words above are popular Chinese songs from the 80s, Uncle's favorite!)



The Menu

When I took picture of the menu, stupid Hong said, "You want to go downstair photocopy? Or steal it back and scan it with high resolution?"

Kanasai.

Hong, Imah and I sat together, and had a good time catching up with each other. We shared a lot of information, a.k.a "Gossip" and laughed like orang gila all the way.

Here's one tip to all of you. Try not to be the first front person staying nearest to the camera. Hide at the back, look thinner like that.

See...

Me being the nearest to the camera.
The super swollen pig face and round pig nose.
And see how sharp is Imah's face.
Me being furthest away from the camera.
I'm thinner and Imah looked pregnant.


After the first dish, the host (or MC kah?) called the bride and groom up the stage to cut the cake and open the champagne.

It looked damn hamsap (dirty) when Keith shake the bottle towards Yun.


Nah, talk so much also haven't see a clear picture of the newly weds.

Like some says, "Height, is not distance".
(Damn.. I sound like I'm suan-ing)



Well.. I do wish I can get a 185cm boyfriend/husband so I can bury my face in his chest and hear his heart beat all the time. But, I think kissing will be a problem tho, except when both are lying down lah.

Hehe. Just kidding, I love you still Bobby. =p

The newly weds and their in-laws

Can see that they're all holding the champagne glass on their hands, meaning it's "YAM SENG" time!

Unfortunately, I had one crazy fellow sitting on my left who's so high and shouted so loudly.. Lucky the fellow on my right is still behaving like a gentleman.

Some uncle, or ah-beng type man loves to continue shouting "YAaaAAAAaAAAaaaAAaaaaaAAaaaaAaaaaAAaam Seng"
even the host already stop.

Like proving they have longer breathe like that.

Next time I hold a "Yam Seng" competition in my wedding also. Give the uncle angpao for making me laugh.

Bobby and I sneaked out to take this picture.
That's the only picture we take with the couple,
in a cacat way though.


Bobby's friends.
Standing (L-R) : Me, Bobby & Kui Ren (Yun's bro)
Sitting (L-R) : Yun's younger bro, Lucas and Jenny


And I met Badli (My dearest ex-colleague)
and Ah Heng too.

Sigh.. Only sampai when we're leaving baru got chance to talk to Keith, for less than 1min lagi. Can't satisfied my kaypo genes inside.

I only sempat to say,
"Wah.. your wedding really feels like a celebrity one"


The beautiful bride, the tall groom and the pancake-face me.

From far Bobby was saying, "Wah..Keith's face looks smooth."
Hehe, and I answered, "Put a lot of putty I think. =p"

Okay... Then Bobby and I headed back to Seria and got home at 1am. Because my lovely boyfriend drives "safe", a.k.a slow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next morning, we woke up at 10.30am since the schedule on Liza's wedding invitation card says "11.15 - 12.45 : Arriving of Guests"

Hehe. Went to buy big-pau and ate in the car first.

And darn it, I don't have any fan to keep myself cool like a rich tai-tai.

Bobby dislikes attending Malay weddings because male and female sits separately. And in most case, he doesn't have any friends there. So I introduced him to my (ex) classmates there.

But as usual, the shy and soft-spoken boyfriend diam-diam and bored himself.

How I wish I can sit with the guys since I get along better with them. But there were 6 ~ 8 uncles and brothers "reminded" me that female sits at the other side.

My Guy (ex) Classmates

And me on the other side, roam around the tents and looked for familiar faces. Aha, found them.


Sweated like hell and finally, makan at 1.15pm.

No offense, but..I'm loving and prefer (boring) Chinese wedding (with uncle singing karaoke) in an air-conditioned restaurant held at night, than Malay wedding held in the noon time, in outdoor tent in the house punya compound.

Enough whinning. Here, our pretty bride and charming groom.





Congrats to Keith & Yun and Zamry & Liza.

Getting babies soon?




NTV7 is showing Serenpidity. Watching back.. I kinda think that it's almost impossible to have it happen in real life. Movie.... tipu people only one lah.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.. (which.. I think I said it already)

Next I'll post about my Xmas eve dinner and Xmas day. And show off the card I made for Bobby and the one he made for me.

By the way..here, some preview of the next entry.

We saw "someone" in Empire.


No prize if you guess correctly, but can try kan?

Lucky guess?

p/s: Kelly Lim, Pig Theen, Swee Leong, Kok Ling and Bobby are not allowed to guess!

31 comments:

Effy said...

Father xmas? A celebrity? Oh i know.. he's someone you know! Hehe

Nonnie King said...

No Effy, not father Xmas. But a celebrity. Hehe. But I doubt you know him lah since he's a Chinese.

Anonymous said...

Dear Nonnie,

Thank you for the pictures and having them posted on the net. That saves us the trouble of friends. Now that i am happily married, hmmpp .. i guess it's about time you do the countdown sista. Hehe. With a combination of Bobby and King .. i guess you can come up with a nice word for rememberence BOOKING :)

Nonnie King said...

Keith koko : BOO YOUR HEAD KING ER!

You should know wedding is not cheap lah, where got so much money now? So now what I do is gather information and make my wedding a splendid one.

Or, you want to sponsor say so lah.

Sigh.. Still can't believe you kahwin liao. You're still like a kid to me leh. Next time ask you come out don't give excuse like wife don't allow ah

Unknown said...

When is ur turn ah? kekeke...

Anonymous said...

look at you in your white dress.. wahhh, pretty ah you..

the mystery person is a chinese celebrity.. jackie chan? chan ho nam? eh chan ho nam is the character ah..

Amorevietato said...

who celebrity? *kaypo*

sorry this came late but tyhe mailbox is still around haha (view over my blog)

Merry Xmas!

Anonymous said...

Dear Nonnie,

Thanks for the free promo ah.. hehehe.. u got to thanks me to fill up ur blogz eh...bet the "hits" of visitors will come in steadily due to the presence of me in it.. ahahaha...bah bila u kahwin? so i can set up a blog ma..fill it up with all ur pictures...see if laku or not..

Nonnie King said...

Kenny : After you kahwin because I respect elders. Hehehe.

* * *

Rebbe : Finally got someone who say me Pretty and not Funny !

Jackie Chan got so tall and thin? And the guy playing Chan Ho Nam is "Ekin Cheng".

He's a celebrity from a boy group and now famous in Taiwan. And I bet you don't know one.

Nonnie King said...

Wangee : Hehe. Will tell in the next entry. Stay tune. (Sounds like a trailer)

I saw the Santa mailbox liao! So cool eh.

Merry Xmas~

* * *

Dear Hong Koko :

As usual, you muka-tembokness strike again. I'm sure if I kahwin sure got more hits than Keith kahwin since I got more blogmates. Muahahhaaha.

Everyone ask bila I kahwin for fun nya, when I really kahwi, you all curse inside say force to give me angpao.

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

Picture not clear enough.. can't deduce who it is leh..

It's Boxing day!
Happy Boxing Day! =)

Anonymous said...

wait wait wait wait! i read there's a bruneian who's in a boy band from taiwan.. and they're super famous there.. calvin? i dont know his name..

BaBy JeE said...

Wu Zhuen!!!! Nonnie... RITE RITE RITE??? hahahahhahahaha I know I didn't get his spelling right...

BaBy JeE said...

English name...something like Goh Vui Kiat... HAHA

Nonnie King said...

Christina : Happy Boxing Day to you too.

Actually don't understand Thanksgiving and Boxing day lah. Hehehhe. Malu.

* * *

Rebbe : Calvin? Not sure if that's his Christian name or nick name bor.
But LuJee get it right liao.

* * *

Lu Jee : Smart girl. Picture so blur also get it right.

I also don't know how to spell his name too. Gotta google it first before I blog the next entry.

But, sorry.. no prize oh.

Serene said...

wah.. actually got people guess it right ar.. that pic so dark le.

Nonnie, i told you liau lo, u really hen you nu ren wei now!!

Nonnie King said...

Sing Yin : Really don't get it lor. Orange and you always say I''m more feminine now, got "Nu ren wei", but I'm still bloody loud and playful.

I need another 5yrs to learn how to tone down my volume and be less "Masculine".

Ya lor, that pic so dark and blur she also can guess it correct.

Anonymous said...

Press Release on 26th December 2006

Brunei, bsb, Bobby: I have nothing against Malay Wedding and i do like them as i get to sample different type of delicious curry food made by the Malay families. All those speculation about me not liking Malay wedding are false. Also rumours that i like Nonnie to be taller with a height of 185cm so i can put my head on her *chest* everytime are also false. Please contact with my spokeperson for anymore questions.

Anonymous said...

my frens also got see him in empire too. heck... saw him again in escapade. but me personally no lah. anyway. plenty of us hate him. hehe~~~ i wonder how u think abt him.

IngSiang said...

Thank goodness. My ears are safe from 榕树下 and 爱拼才会赢. <--- ROFL!! All CHinese who had been to a wedding would understand this, hahaha.

IngSiang said...

With a combination of Bobby and King .. i guess you can come up with a nice word for rememberence BOOKING :)

<-- Again, ROFL!! =p

Well, it's Wu Zhun, full name is Wu Ji Zhun, dunno the eng. Knew him as GHK's brother's son, GHK tauke's nephew la. Heard that he came back days ago, so yea.. hmmm....

Anonymous said...

hey.. if i didnt say "i read there's a bruneian who's in a boy band from taiwan.. and they're super famous there.." babyjee might have not said it.. lol prasan that she read my comment, sorry ah i want to be called smart too.. :D

Nonnie King said...

Everyone sorry, my boyfriend sot-sot-dei one. Please don't kana tipu by his serious face.

* * *

Jason : Hate him? Why? Sour grapes ah?

Hahaha. I see him as an ordinary person who gets more famous because he's a singer lor.

Conclusion, not his fan! And don't think I so bu-yao-lian and throw face go ask for his autograph.

Nonnie King said...

Ing Siang : And I think also Chinese understand the feeling of hearing those uncle singing out of pitch and lagging behind.

Once I attended a wedding, got 4 different uncles sing 榕树下. I thought I went into a singing competition!

Eh eh eh.. BOOKING funny meh? =p Come, don't gila with married man who's turning into uncle, getting bald and having big tummy.

Yah, heard he came back for 4 days only. Just don't expect him to be a super camwhore nya!

* * *

Rebbe : Ooooh, it's okay. I know you get the answer first, just that you don't know his name nya.

What a smart boy Rebbe is. Feel better? Hehehehe.

Amorevietato said...

It better be a 'real' celebrity i tell u! lol

Nonnie King said...

Wangee, you don't read the comments above ah? Still don't know who?

Anonymous said...

its wu zhun. heres a pic of him. i think is the same as your pic. http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=wuchun10cool&b=16&f=1167845403&p=27

orange said...

it seems that u also have a orange here, orange, may i make friends whih u?

Anonymous said...

Awesome. It's great to be in brunie. Hahas. Wu zun.. He's HOT. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wu zun is suuuuuper cute~~
i am a chinese fan of him~~lol..

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your site?
Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of
content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
one or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?
My website > Kohls-printable-coupons.net