Monday, June 8, 2009

My dear Elsie

 

After beberapa minggu-minggu of considerations, I finally made up my mind and go for Lumix LX3 instead of G10.

Reason, simple… I just want something which is easy to operate, idiot-proof and urm… because I’m super random and impatient, hence I really don’t like the idea of changing the settings after every single shot. The iA function of LX3 suits me like how red bean and macha ice cream make a perfect pair.

And also, countless number of people asked me, “Hey you, why don’t you get a DSLR? You should! For your blog..”

Aiyerr… DSLR mahal and can’t fit well into my bag. Really no mood bring out eh. So bulky and heavy again. Maybe lah someday, but not now. If it’s not because the LCD display of my old lumix has no light, I don’t think I’ll get a new camera anyway. And you all have seen the pictures in my blog, not that bad right? At least I’m not showing you all mobile phone quality pictures, like the picture below.

1

I wanted to show you all the difference between my old lumix and new lumix. And the only way I can do it is using my mobile to snap picture.  

And er…. as you can see from the picture, I cling-wrapped my Elsie. Because the camera doesn’t come with a screen protector so I’m using my own way to manually protect it.

P1220511

People, meet Elsie. Elsie, say hi.
Elsie: Chi-Chak, Chi-Chak! (The sound of shutter)

Some random photos that I’d taken today.

3

 

2

1

 

Only resize and no other thing was done.
Nice?  

No personal camwhore photos yet as I’m not in the mood to dress up and smile. Hehehe.

14 comments:

peacelovekindness said...

Another really funny postie on new Elsie by Teacher Nonnie! :D Congrats on your new LX3! :)(Rhymes with your future all-new Lexus IS3 sporty, eh?) Hehehhe :P

Reedz said...

Welcome to the LX3 Club ah-mui :)

Anonymous said...

awesome nonnie! our trip is confirm have nice pictures already. LOL

Nonnie King said...

PLK : Not enough money to buy Lexus wooooo

Reedz koko : Oh yes! And I'll bug you for tips next time I see you.

Maurina : And I'd ordered a Quik pod. Let's hope it arrives before our trip so we can camwhore berabis!

Tina D said...

Aik.. I could've sworn I left a comment already! Anyway.. I meant to say that I was supposed to be with Reeda on the welcome wagon! Ketinggalan! ;D

By the way!! Maw, WHAT TRIP??

Nonnie King said...

Tina, you haven't heard?
We're going to Thailand + Cambodia. Hehhehee

Tina D said...

No, I haven't heard a thing! Ai ai aiiii!! Who else is going with you?? I'm green!!

Nonnie King said...

Only Mau, Hasrul and saya~
But Hasrul won't be joining for the Cambodia one

Anonymous said...

oohhh i have the same bed sheet with you lol !

Drifting Cloud said...

Finally gotten ur camera... hehehee.. goood

Jewelle said...

Congrats on the recent good news, Nonnie.

By the way, the Library having some seriously overdue renovations eh? About time too.

Tina D said...

OK, I don't know who Hasrul is. I thought you'd be bringing Atul or something. Nyeh. Anyway. For the last picture in your post, what settings do you use?

Nonnie King said...

Anonymous : LOL! I can just say that you and my mum have the same taste?

Jewelle : Thanks! The library is under renovation now btw.. Now they're doing the roof.

Tina : Wait.. let me check my camera. ISO 200, dynamic B&W.

I still need to get the screen protector eh.

Tina D said...

Thanks, Nonnie! I need a tutorial on the ISO stuff and whatnot eh. I really don't know these things. LOL.