Thursday, August 16, 2007

K.K - Day 2 (Pulau Manukan/ Jalan Jalan, Cari Makan)

//Re-edit//


Our plan for our second day in K.K. was visiting Pulau Manukan, one of the infamous island there. And so before departing, we went to grab something to eat first. It was already 8.45am when we set from the hotel, hoping to find some eateries nearby just to fill up our hungry tummies.

But man.. the nearest restaurant that opened that early was this.

(We're actually hoping for those al-cheapo open air kopitiam with waiters/ waitress shouting "KOPI-OH SATU!" and RM1.80 kolomee. Kolomee is just one of our staple food.)

So we had these instead...


Mine!

(I ate more than Bobby through out this whole trip.. Sad ain't it? The boyfriend thin thin already, the girlfriend still munched like a pig. Sigh....)

I know mine was pretty heavy, but the serving wasn't as big as you thought. It was just nice for me.

Bobby's breakfast set cost RM4.90 and mine was RM7.90. Not bad right?


* * * * *

We took a package that cost RM40.00, inclusive of transportation from our hotel, to the jetty, then to the island and all the way back again, life jacket and beach mat. Not sure if that is considered cheap or expensive though.


Views from the jetty/ port


Opposite the jetty
Don't you think the above picture looks really familiar? When I saw those wooden houses on the water- it just made me feel that I'm in Yayasan looking at our very own Kampong Ayer.

And, I'm not sure if it's really called "Kampong Aru". I know that area is "Tanjung Aru", and so I simply made this name up.


* * * * *

Ahhhhhh.... Sunshine and beaches! Fishes and (dead) corals...


Saw people feeding the fishes, and also some fake fishie too..


There was damn lot of people on the beach.. Tourists mostly, Korean, Japanese, Hongkies, West-Malaysians, Singaporeans and least among all... Bruneians.

We're greeted in Cantonese everywhere we went. Some even saw Kelly and said, "Konichiwa" !. They either thought we're from Hong Kong, KL or Singapore, and none guess Brunei. Why ah?

Taxi Driver: Last time ah, I went to your place there ah... *bla bla bla bla bla*
Me: My place, where?
Taxi Driver: KL lor. Wah..your place there so big .. yadda yadda yadda.

Staff of Manukan: Hello. Welcome. You from Hong Kong?
Me: Erm... No.
Staff: Singapore? KL?
Me: Eh... No.
Staff: And you're from...?
Me: Brunei.
Staff: Oh I see!

(Lucky he didn't go "Wah...Brunei so rich and so on...")

Me: Is there anything nice to see at the night market?
Waitress: Eh... ok ok lar.. Cannot compare to your place there lah.
Me: Where do you think we come from then?
Waitress: Aiyah... not KL then Singapore la of course.
Me: No bor... Guess again.
Waitress: Har...? Then I don't want to guess liao.


See! Even when I went to Bangkok last year people also thought that we're from Singaporean. Because we sounded like them.... So, does that mean that Brunei Chinese speaks Singlish and same same kiasu?


* * *

Some interesting people I saw at the beach...


Chinese uncle who swims with cap on.

Macho men in their tight Speedo
(they kept walking around the beach and never get themselves wet in the water..
Think they went there for show only)

(I still think their thighs and biceps make perfect BBQ food)


Cute Japanese kids who talked so damn fast that what I heard was just all "gi-li-gu-lu"


Sexy angmohs tanning on the beach


It's funny to see that the spots that Chinese (or any typical Asians who think fair = pretty) picked are all shaded. And all angmohs prefer to lay their beach towel anywhere directly under the scorching sun.


Stupid couple who loves to pose idiotically

Of course other than posing, we swam, we snorkeled, we slept, and cuci-mata. The really sad thing was that the corals there look so dead, compared to those I saw when I went to Pulau Gayana three years ago.

There was some locals who walked around with a piece of laminated paper asking if anyone was interested in riding the water scooter, banana boat or para-sailing those kind of activities. But it was quite costly though... Maybe that's the reason why we didn't see anyone playing water sports there.

You might want to prepare a paper bag in case you felt nauseous from seeing the below photo.


My initial plan was to lose at least 3kg before wearing that swim suit in public (so that I won't have to walk around sucking air in just to hide my bulging tummy), and of course... I failed to do so. Hah... I never tried anyway. Hhahahahhahaaaa. I'm those who always say "I'm fat. I feel fat. Look at my tummy, it's so big. I hate my thighs and butt..", but am always too lazy to get my butt off the chair to exercise.

Note: I'm allow to say that but not you! So don't come and tell me things to "motivate" me because it'll only makes me hate you. As if I don't know all these. It's my body, it's up to me whether I want to keep it slim or chubby, not you! *Huffff*

Thank God for granting me a boyfriend who prefers me to be chubby, loves to feed me, tells me that I look fine even though I'm overweight and thinks that wobbly fats around my tummy looks cute.

....which can be pretty bad because he's good at de-motivating me whenever I feel like losing weight.



* * * * *

Bobby and I were sleeping on the mat, okay.. actually it's me only because Bobby couldn't stop worrying about our money and camera in the beach bag and prefer to stay alert while the rest were all relaxing.

23 yet behave like 53.

Kelly and K.L. went snorkeling under the bridge and after awhile, Kelly ran toward me and shouting like a kid trying to get my attention.

This jobless girl "fish" a sea cucumber from the sea bed using her snorkel mask and ran all the way to me just to prove that it wriggles. (Because I was randomly told her that I wonder if those motionless sea cucumbers lying we saw are dead or alive)


No sea cucumber was hurt in this post. We didn't torture it, but perhaps it suffered from ear pain or maybe it's deaf already because we shouted every time it wriggles.

It was almost time for us to leave (last boat departs at 4.30pm), Bobby and I rinsed ourselves with clean water and dried ourselves up under the tree, wore our dry cloths on and waited for that beautiful couple whom were still Nemo and Dory-hunting.


He looked so funny with shirt tucked in, pulling the pant high up the waist.
Plus the dumb hair and blur face... LOL!



* * * * *

Kelly spotted this guy and nudged me, "Eh, eh... look look. His nipple.....". Damn hamsap lah this girl, who would go and noticed that?

Nevertheless, he looked quite cute though... but his titties are very distracting.



I showed this picture to my colleague Rohana and she said maybe he felt really cold that time. Hahahahhaa!

Bye Manukan...

It was low tide when we reached the jetty, the river bed was dry and kids were playing football there. Fascinating...


Remember that I mentioned that Bobby and I were already dry and that 2 were still snorkeling? Because they're in a rush so Kelly simply wrapped her lower body with the hotel towel and K.L. just wore back his cloths.

And.... she just walked in the hotel lobby and checked in like that!!!

I was laughing so hard walking behind them. I mean.. when was the last time you saw a pretty girl in towel standing in front of the check-in counter? And a pretty boy wearing glasses that my granddad wore during his times with his butt wet!


* * * * *

Dinner time... SEAFOOD TIME!!!!!!

We had no idea where to eat and so we just look at those flyers and brochures looking for any recommended eateries... We choose an open air food court that has a varieties of seafood restaurant combined with some local stalls. Tell you, regret man!

Tip to all of you out there, if you're not familiar with that place.. don't go there. Go to some restaurant that doesn't joint with others..

Once we stepped in there, a lot of aunties and uncles, kor-kor and jie-jie rushed to us showing their menu and asked us to sit down.

We didn't want to simply choose where to eat before we checked out all the seafoods they have and also the prices...

Sigh, teruk man. I felt like we walked into a jungle with cannibals around eager to eat us up.

They kept pestering us, talking non-stop selling their foods while we had said hundred times of "Uhmm.. we want to walk around first.".

I hate hate hate hate hate hate persistent and pushy shop attendants! I will immediately leave the shop if the salesgirl couldn't shut her mouth telling me that they had new arrivals or they think whatever shirt would look great on me.

If you want to make my money, stay away from me. I'll talk when I got questions to ask. Don't come bother me because they will only chased me away...

There was this particular seafood restaurant that we came across in the food court. The lady boss kept following us wherever we go standing only 1 ft away. We shifted away so that we could discussed where to eat but she just didn't get the hint and chase after us.

While she waited behind us, there was another man from the left walking toward us trying to sell for the forth time, and another Filipino lady from the right.... who couldn't stop yapping. These three people were from the same shop!

I was very, VERY annoyed.

Every time I wanted to talk to them (Bobby, Kelly and KL), that Filipino lady interrupted. We told her to wait, we'll decide later and she just couldn't give us a chance to discuss...

Me: I think...(interrupted)

Annoying Filipino lady: Mum.... Our seafood here is the freshest. Very cheap too.. bla bla bla.

Us: Okay okay. Wait first..we want to discuss first...

Kelly: But the restaurant here....(interrupted)

Annoying Filipino lady: Why don't you all sit down first..?

Us: Wait... We'll decide later..

Me: I.... (interrupted again!!!!)

Annoying Filipino lady: We have fresh crabs today..and also our shell fish...


Okay... That's it! Enough is enough!

My face changed and looked at her.

Bobby was like... "Oh no... Oh no... She's going to say it... She's going to say it..... Oh crap! She said it already...."

Me: Leave us alone, please!


You think she'll keep quiet and walk away? Oh hell NO! This lady here talked back and said,

Annoying and ugly Filipino lady: *with a very irritating tone* Wow..... Sharp tongue you have there.

Me: Thank you!

Annoying and ugly Filipino lady: I'm just doing my job here, what did I do to deserve this? *BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA* (shouting loudly to her lady boss trying to make us all look ugly...)

I swear, if its legal to hurt, I'll take off my smelly shoe, throw on her face and stuff it into her mouth!

But again... I was in a foreign land and its best not to do anything stupid.

Sigh, all these unhappy experiences only made me miss Brunei a lot. Brunei is called "Adobe of Peace" for nothing. I guess its hard to find another place like Brunei...

In the end.. We picked the restaurant with the best service, even if they have limited choice on shell fish. Still.. for me, service is what matter the most.


There were only four of us so we only ordered 4 dishes.


Top Left: Fried Tiger Prawn with garlic
Top Right: Steam don't know what fish
Bottom Left: Shell fish that looks like male reproductive organ in a shell
Bottom Right: Ginger Onion mussels


Don't, DON'T order mussels cooked that way. Mussels taste great with tomato paste or creamy sauce, but definitely not with ginger and onion. It shrunk so much that we could hardly find it...

Also the weird looking shell fish. It looked so different after cooking... It was originally around 7~10cm long, diameter of 1"... And when it's cooked, it became 4~5cm long and diameter of 1cm the most!


Their prawns were bloody good~!
Noticed that we didn't order any crabs? Because we already had it last week. And the other reason was, 1kg of crab cost RM30.00!!! It was so much more cheaper in Miri because we always ordered 2kg of crabs, cooked differently for each kilo,a plate of fried sotong, one vegetable dish, 6 bowls of rice and average 2 drinks per person.. All these only cost us RM60+.

And they tell me KK got the cheapest seafood? I wonder...

* * * * *

After dinner, we went to the night market nearby and there's nothing much to see there. All pirated sunglasses and fake ornaments.

Walked to Warisan Square again and did some last minute shopping.

Bobby was given a task of buying his own working cloths (for next year after he graduate), and damn... I was shocked to see how good he looked in it.


I don't care if you think he's not. I'm going to be childish and say, "THIS IS MY BLOG. I SAY WHAT I WANT. IF I SAY MY BOYFRIEND IS HANDSOME, THEN HE IS! THOSE WHO DISAGREE, SHADDAP AND LEAVE! "

=p

Those who knows him personally will know that his usual attire is combination of loose and old tees, plus jeans or long khaki pants..

And if he's not seeing me for the week, he wouldn't even bother to shave.

So it amazed me when I saw he dressing so smart. Very leng-zai wei....

I can't wait to help him wear his tie on his first day to work, help him to match his shirt, pant and tie. *Dreaming the life as Mrs Lim*

* * * * *

I forgot to mention. This two guys (Bobby and K.L.) cared for their skin complexion so much that they can't stop comparing their skin which got darker and the parts which remained fair protected under the garments.

We all get sun burnt, but having a darker skin complexion.. it didn't hurt at all, unlike our fairer boyfriends.

So I went to Guardian and bought Bobby whitening and smoothing mask to calm his skin.


It was Bobby's first time. Just when I put it on his face, he was trembling all over and shouted "Wah... COLD!!! Very cold!!!"

"Eh... you're a man leh. Where can complain cold one? Some more its just a facial mask. Come on, don't be sissy!"

Weird... ladies find it so nice putting on a cold mask, so relaxing and happily lay on the bed, watching TV or reading magazine while the pores get smaller and smaller, skin got fairer and fairer. Heaven~ And the men think that the coldness is torturing them?!


* * * * *


Oh by the way.. there was a note slided underneath the door..



While reading it, I was like... "What the.... What makes him think that I need a MAKE-UP service!!! That's so rude!"

And after reading it for the second time, I just realized that he actually meant "WAKE UP SERVICE". Can't he just write "Morning call" when his handwriting can be quite misleading?


* * * * *

And the next morning, which is also our last day in K.K before we take our flight back, we went to Mong Kok restaurant.


I didn't know I ordered a bloody big glass of drink that is meant for 2 person. Kelly ordered some curry udon something something served in a really big bowl, K.L. ordered something like Wat-tan-hor (Fried wet keuh tiaw) and Spicy p*rk noodles for Bobby.



Our food

Their cheese chicken wings and the cheese baked seafood pasta with portugese sauce is so damn cheesy!!!

The scary thing happened when the bill came. Can you believe that our breakfast cost more than our seafood dinner last night?

Our seafood dinner cost RM70+, and our breakfast - RM80+.

2/3 of our spendings in K.K. goes to food actually. It's either because we didn't know where to get cheap and nice food, or we're biased for famous restaurants that couldn't be found in Brunei..

* * * * *

And.. that ends my K.K. trip. Because after our breakfast, what we did was rushed back to Centerpoint to "tapao" Burger King for Gordon and ourselves too, then back to hotel packed up and off to airport.

Like Bobby's comment, I'm not going to let those unhappy incidents spoil our days in K.K. Moreover, traveling = pay to get happiness. Must must must enjoy every moment of it!


p/s: Sorry that I didn't keep my promise blogging yesterday. Because there were too many photos to edit and I'd extra class in the morning, and badminton game at night. I got home at 10p.m, shower and straight away turn my PC on, edit the pics and blogged..

But I was too tired to keep my eyes opened so I save it in draft and continued blogging today.

Paiseh ah.. Don't marah yah.. Love me still?

20 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

U r correct! That drummer & drumstick sure look tasty if BBQ!!! I look forward to more pic!! Have a nice day!

War186 said...

Macho men haha eww!! And I can't believe you said that, about the drumsticks and all lol!

Paupau said...

hahahaha..nonnie oh nonnie,really tam jiak..even macho man also let you say become drumsticks and all...hahaha..=p

Iwan said...

wah... hahahaha!!

wah.. still can edit pics in school hor? hahaha!

actually nonnie, why always label urself as a pig.. hahha!
i dun tink that u are fat!

and btw, what a massive breakfast u had?!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till u update tmr!!

Have a good weekend ahead!!
* winks *

Jared said...

wow, see your breakfast already feel so full enough :P
Planning to go KK end of this year. can't wait to see more pictures, if it's fun then i'll go :D

Unknown said...

I'm waiting for more sexy girls pics coming up.... kekeke. :P

Nonnie King said...

H.A.M : I bet those drumstick can be shared among 5 different tribes in Africa and keep them alive for weeks.

Wardah : Hhahhahaa! I was hungry when blogging...

Pauline : Aiyah... hungry stomach caused hallucinations..

Iwan : I call myself a pig because I'm born in that year. Pig is cute mah, probably the animal who live the best life too, just eat and sleep and grow fat nya.

I want to be a pig! Hahahhahaha!!!

Jessie : I'm going to get a lot of rest this weekend!

38kia : I do wish I can have the special power of "See then full liao". That will stop me from eating I guess. Know anyone with that power?

Kenny : Got got! Your wish granted!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I sure am alive and kicking. In fact, kicked myself all the way here! ;P
Another delightful trip! Where's your next stop? NZ?! Probably for your honeymoon? ;D

Jamy said...

YES! I can stay here reading post because Bobby is handsome!!!!!! Honestly, hes really nice wearing MIB!

Iwan said...

hahaha!

finally!!

nice pics there!! It seems like u and me are the type who hates stall vendors who came in throngs to harrass us!! i seriously hate that!!

yeah lah, i agreed.. thats a diff side of bobby that i ever see.. Nice.. *oops do i sounds like a gay?*

hahahaha!

ok lah, it seems like the trip looks enjoyable!!

hahaha!!

we all love nonnie!

Jamy said...

This is my 2nd time to read this post but not yet finish reading. And I spot someone dreamt being of Mrs.Lim....hahahahaha

I cant stop myself laughing when someone mentioned "Mrs.Lim". Never has the expectation that she gonna call herself Mrs.Lim. Ai meh king, so fast wanna kahwin to Bobby ah....

Bobby, get ready for your "LAO POH BEN" Somehow this girl gonna spend it every single bit in the wedding....hahahaha

Note: I know Bob has empty token in the Lau Poh Ben but just plan it now!!

War186 said...

No more PG-13 lah your blog. Lol. ;P

The sea cucumbur wriggled? Eww! Heh.

Your swimsuit looks nice on you lah.

Mmm seafood. Prawns~ Shellfish~ And crabs too. Unfortunately, I don't get to eat much of seafood though 'cos Boon's allergic.

Bobby does look hunky wearing his future workclothes. That's just the way it was when I first saw Boon in his work clothes. So smart and so sexy haha. You enjoy feasting your eyes on Bobby when he's already working yeah. ;)

Very annoying lah the people at the food court. Always in your face like that. Good lah you told one or two of them off. And that's true you still had to control yourself because you're in a foreign country heh. If it were me I would've just succumbed to the nearest table or something heh.

When you mentioned about Kelly wearing her towel I remember myself in Miri hotel last week walking to the lobby going to the admin counter with Boon asking for our breakfast coupons with my towel wrapped like that. We were about to go swimming in the pool hehe. Things you can do being a foreigner. ;)

Anyway, glad you had a great trip and you guys enjoyed it and thanx for sharing it with everyone. =)

HongFunXuanJia said...

Song ni u went to Pulau... it's been ages i last visited the Pulau back in KK... i was still schooling tat time n i cant remeber wat is the name now lol...
Expensive Food - true KK food is so expensive n it's no even in satisfied category for tasty hahaha... ur seafood dinner still not cost tat expensive... we had $120+ n it's onli fish, prawn, crab, a plate of veggie n drinks for onli 3 of us... i was complaining to my husband i can hv 3nights tat type of dinner back in Sibu... delicious some more... hahaha
Bobby do look great wif that outfit... completely different from wat i know... hamsam lah... Mrs. Lim - bah dont forget to inform me ya...
you 2 looks so lovely ni.. makes me jealous lol long long time no hv such dating wif my hubby liaw.. so enjoy all this moment before u guys get married n hv kids... (not trying to scary u ha) lol...

Paupau said...

omg..is that really a sea cucumber?i thought it was a poo..=.=..lolz..that cute angmoh guy..you should have pumped his tities to make it less pointy ma..but don't overpump it and become boobs instead.ngahaha...

waahhh..bobby look so yao yeng with his formal clothes wor..plus he's not as chubby like last time,lagi yeng worr..aiya..Mrs Lim ar..becareful noh..cuz your hubby will attract more girls with that lor..hehehe..blehh.

Anonymous said...

Well you guys sounds like you went to all the touristy places, that's why expensive. Lucky you didn't go to the seafood restaurant besides your hotel, i heard its very expensive and i myself never went there yet! LOL

Also, I was told that actually Miri seafood is cheaper than KK especially those restaurants downtown. There are excellent and reasonably priced seafood places but its not in citycentre.

But one thing I can agree with you, I don't like those harassing food attendants also, something we don't really have here in Brunei eh?

So you guys didn't go to BED eh?

Nonnie King said...

CC : Glad to hear that! How come back to Kuching liao one?

NZ for honeymoon? Hmmmm.. Let me think about it first.

Xiang : *hide Bobby in closet*

Iwan : It was enjoyable trip despite those stupid people who spoiled it.

No lah, not gay... Good thing must share share and admire together-gather mah~

Xiang : Of course I dreamt to be Mrs.Lim. If not why I wanna have a relationship with him and waste my time, money and youth on him. =p

But.. it's not going to happen in this 3 years time.

Nonnie King said...

Wardah : Long long time no more liao lor... Hehehehe

Lucky Bobby is not picky and not allergic to anything else I'll have a bad time ordering. But at leat your cholestrol level is under control.

Those people at the restaurant were unbelievable! So damn muka-tembok plus annoying. I was about to say something like, "No wonder you're here begging for sales pathetically. I pity you.".. But. it was too mean and I takut kana tampar.

Miri only you dare to behave like that? If me I don't dare because I might bumped into someone I know. Miri is still too close to Brunei..especially KB.

Thanks for reading the whole post lah...

Nonnie King said...

Angie: Now still single and earn money liao.. of course must pamper a bit mah. If not when kahwin liao, where also cannot go except for balik kampong.. *think too far*

A lor, I think Sibu and Miri serve cheaper and nicer food than KK. Or maybe its because we don't know where to find.

If I kahwin I sure announce in my blog one. And blog all the way through out the process. Kiasu mah..

Remember oh, eventhough kahwin still need to paktoh to relight the fire.

Nonnie King said...

Pau-Lene: It is lah.. poo where got so shiny one? And you ah... so hamsap ah, want me go touchy touchy.

Sigh... I know. That's why I need to feed him more and make him fat like a pig again!

Jewelle : I heard that restaurant chop-head one so don't go there also.

You seriously gotta give me a list of nice place to go next time. If not we all headless-lalat blindly go here go there and waste money ah.