Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Farewell Lami + Cocktail 西米露

I'm going on a school trip tomorrow!
Time to feel young, again~ Wooohooo!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My best friend....(I know, sounds so corny) just left this morning. *sob* But it's alright, she'll come back next year to attend Theen's wedding! WoooHooo!

Anyway, we had a blasting night.. okay, the word 'blasting' doesn't really fit in, but we had a really really fun night.

Instead of having usual stuffs like farewell dinner or party, we had a farewell LAMI (or rummy)!

We're a bit anti-social sometimes. We prefer to stay with the old time buddies rather than going out and make new friends. And after a long day of work, sometimes staying at a friend's place and talk crap all night seems to be the best and relaxing.


* * *


She wanted to cook us some dessert, cocktail 西米露 (si-mi-lu)... Erm.. I don't know what you call that, it's the white transparent thingie we call "Sago". Any clue?


Instant/ready-made sago


Funny caption


"Papa cooking, Mama happy"


It was Wen's first time... But no worries, we have a great sifu, Mr PSL! Muahahhahahahha! There's four of us... 3 girls and 1 guy. And.. the only person who has cooking experience happens to be the only male! So he became our consultant and chef.


Dentist asking engineer how to cook 西米露

Hehe. Wen's house is one of the few place that we all can wear rotten tees (that we wear to sleep) with the loose short pants and simply open her fridge to see if there's anything to eat, last time lah, now seldom liao.



Except for Swee Leong, who still dressed up so nice.. PSL, don't you ever wear short pants?
He claimed that the shirt he was wearing is his sleeping tee. You believe?


The print of his shirt



My favourite friends of all time,
in Wen's kitchen.
(who can tahan my blurness, clumsiness & kpo-ness)


Ai..
Talk, I mean Write so long liao still haven't introduce you the main climax of the night,


LAMI!




and also, Swee Leong's creation-
Cocktail Si-mi-lu


That guy kept nagging that he prefers honeydew or mango, which he promised to cook me a year or two ago. Taste a bit weird because of the cocktail.

And says it's cheaper to buy ala-karte instead of buying the ready-mix one. Uncle leh...?

We played only for 2-circle. That girl,48 won too much liao. And Theen wanted to go home because it was late already.. Late as in 11.00pm.

(oh, I forgot to mention, 48 is the nick I named her. Pronounce it in Mandarin, 'shi-baht)


Hey, don't forget it's weekday! 11.00pm is considered late for us who needs to wake up early to work the next day.



We didnt't use chip to play. Just manually write down the..debts?

Oh, and Shane.. I think he got bored just sitting down there and seeing us play. Next time ya, next time stay longer and I bring you to Kampong Ayer and have a ride in the water taxi.




It's really rare and cool to have friends for such a long time, not just normal friends.. but, friends you can count on. Friends to throw everything to when you're feeling all sad and down. Friends to rant the worst day of your life.

(This is so not like me..saying all this cheesy things.)


You know, whenever I see "Friends forever" in someone's so-called autograph or Friendster testimonials, it kind of kept me thinking, is it only said for fun, for showing and taken lightly?

Or they are people just like me, taking the "Friends Forever" seriously?

I want to grow old, and find Wen, Theen and SweeLeong out to those old-people-street, order teh-C and roti kahwin, and sit in the kopitiam for the whole morning.

We girls will be having the sotong-ball hairs wearing those tailor made floral prints shirt and pants, and maybe put a handkerchief underneath my ketiak, I mean armpit. Swee Leong will be wearing those black colour cowboy hat carrying a black umbrella everywhere he go!

Or, we'll gossip under the big tree at our grandchildren's primary school waiting for recess or pick them home.

Hhahahhah!!!! So funny just by imagining it!




p/s: I don't why I always look so ugly and fat while taking pictures with them..



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really envy u for having good friends so such a long time and had memories with pictures taken from during school days. What's more really impressive is evendo times change, people usually change too but from what i see. But from what i see from your friendship, it gives me hope that there are still people who really treasure their old best friends.

Well, as for cooking the cocktail sago, since now you have seen how to make it, i guess you can make it now right? So next time you show me how ya Nonnie.

Unknown said...

Change template again ah? I tot visit wrong page pula... LOL

Well... I dunno when can reunite with my friends, this CNY we all never reunite, really sad. You and your friends really can click together for so long, that's good.

Anonymous said...

I still have my very2 bestfren :) It's good to have them around...can't wait to see them this weekend..tho last week oredy 'lepak' with them..that's wat we usually do every weekend..hehe

War186 said...

I have 12 BFFs! :D I know I'm lucky hehe.

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

It's good to have friends..

Forever friends is possible if they mean friends as in strangers or not-enemy. =P

Nonnie King said...

Bobby : Why envy me? People envy you for having such a great girlfriend like me ah! Muahahhhahaa

Eeeee.... asking me to cook again.. How about you? When are you making soup and sandwich for me? It's been long since the last time.

* * * * *

Kenny : Wah..change long long time liao lor, boh-sim lah you.

So kasian, CNY seems to be the only time to get everyone reunited one wor.

Nevermind, you got your blog to keep them entertained mah.

Nonnie King said...

Nureen : I have always wanted to ask you, you're teaching in primary or secondary? If primary, there's a high possibility that you ever saw me kan?

SO nice, can see your best friends every weekend. I got to wait for years till she get back again.

* * *

Wardah : 12?! 12!!!!

That's a whole lot man.. It's good if you people never form smaller gangs.

* * *

Christina : Hahhaaaa. Funny lah, friends forever for strangers..

Sounds so irony.

Iwan said...

Nonnie,
i noticed u are the only who have the nicest "baju tidur " hor.. Since u claim all of u wore baju that is meant for tidur, how come yours looks so glamorous compared to the rest ar??

muahahhahaa!!

Alor, sometimes, i wonder how to justify the words "friends forever" lor.. But i tink u have justiable it lah...

I love the funny part whereby u said that put handkerchief in the ketiak, gossiping while waiting to pick the kids from school.. i cant stop laughing...

hahahaha!!!

Yeah, i am envious u have such a loong close friends..

i also want.... :)

Anonymous said...

Omigod, I thought I saw MAHJONG tiles and I almost orgasmed.

I have problems.

Must. Mahjong.

Merv Kwok said...

Hahah you sure thought far ahead with that whole sitting under big tree bit lol

War186 said...

Yeah, we're a big gang alright. So how was your school trip. When can we expect pictures and such? Hehe. ;)

Sha said...

Your desert looks nice :)

Paupau said...

syoklor you..got best friends for long long long long time liao...i wonder if me and my old friends can last too..hmm...

Anonymous said...

yah..i teach primary..of course i ever saw u...in HERE..hehehe...:P

Horny Ang Moh said...

U FAT!! NO LAH! WHERE GOT FAT! JUST VERY WELL ENDOWN!! MINE FRIEND WHEN YOUNG ALL GONE ME JUST LONELY, LUCKY LEARN BLOGGING NOW GOT FRIEND ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Nonnie King said...

Roy : Forever or not, we'll see ;)

* * *

Iwan : Hahahha! That is not actually a baju tidur lah. I thought we might go out and have a drink so dress up slightly appropriate mah.

I have really wild imaginations, and funny too huh~

I'm sure WeiDe and BingLi will be your long term close friends too. So, there's nothing to envy about.

* * *

Maurina : Serious?! You know how to play mahjong?

Mahjong is not my game, as I always don't have the luck in playing it. Love Lami better, at least the Jokers love me too.

Nonnie King said...

Merv : It's good to plan ahead, as they always say isn't it?
*wink*

* * *

Wardah : School trip is fun, but exhausting.. Upload some, okay..alot of pics already.

* * *

Sha : It looks nice, but doesn't really taste nice.

Nonnie King said...

Pauline : For sure can one. It all depends if you guys can still communicate and talk like last time or not.
If one of you talk very lan-si and ek-seh, for sure cannot liao lar.

* * *

Nureen : Apalah you~ I mean in real life lah.

If you happens to see me in any of the function, must smile and hi to me yeah.

* * *

HORNY ANGMOH : HEH, I THINK I'M OVER-WELL ENDOWN!

YAH, BLOGGING DOES HELP ME IN MAKING SOME NEW AND NICE FRIENDS.

AND THE OLD ONE CLOSER TOO.