Monday, May 23, 2011

Walk with the Yip-Yips!

Forgive me as I don’t have much photos for this event. It’s not easy to walk in the costume, under the rain with a plastic bag with water bottles, camera and a super glue (just incase). Oh, and an umbrella too.

When I knew that participants were invited to make appearance in costumes for the HSBC WalkRunCycle and the best costume will walked away with the latest iPad2, I was ecstatic and started to think what can I make for a costume… which doesn’t cost me a limb finger and easy to make. My colleagues asked me to make iPad out of boxes but I’m not liking the idea of walking in a box. Then I thought of something, something that Bobby can wear with me.

01
The Yip-Yips!


Martians who always say “Yip yip yip yip, uh-huh, uh-huh uh-huh”

I made those costumes myself (with my auntie’s help who is a tailor) following the instructions from Instructables.

The sad thing was…. people thought we’re Cookie Monster and Elmo!!!

Can tell the differences now?
Yip-yips have no fingers, but with antennas.

02
Female Yip-yip checking twitter.


03
Yip-Yips under the ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh


04
Yip-Yips attacking Spongebob!


05
Male Yip-Yip confused.
06
I love Jack Sparrow! He totally acted out the character with a charm! Super layan!
(And I thought he’s going to win the Best Costume)

07
Angry Bird! He customized the costume himself. How cool is that!

73c7d0d0b7c6497f997ec3dd61e1b56c_7
Picture stolen from Zulfadly… Hehhee, with PCK!

08
The finalists for the best costume.

09
The winner of iPad2! Bought his costume from eBay.


It was really hot to walk in the costume (imagine covering your head in the blanket) and the 4 layers of organza didn’t help much in terms of vision (especially when it was drizzling) hence we didn’t walk around with our costumes on all the time.

But, to be honest… I was tad disappointed that we didn’t make into the finalists.
Nevermind lah, next time try harder!

6 comments:

Eyra Yakob said...

i actually thought it's cookie monster and elmo :P

Nonnie King said...

WHYYYY????
HHOOOWWWWWW???

hehheee. i hope by now you can tell the difference already

MrsW said...

I saw you at the run - and was surprised you didn't make it into the finalists too. Good job on the costume and good luck for next year!

Nonnie King said...

Mrs White: Maybe my costume is not "detailed" enough?Oh well... will just try harder next time.

And I already have an idea what I wanna wear for the next run!

Anonymous said...

Nice meeting u...hehehe....looking forward for SCB event? - AngryBird :)

Nonnie King said...

Helll Angry Bird!
Am thinking if I want to join the SCB one.... Waking up early and drive to BSB early morning is a b*tch