Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Marilyn Cake House

Because Thanis always said that I’m the “source” of KB/Seria good food, finding hidden gems that only local (as in Belait) people know, so it kind of motivated me to do this post. Or maybe more, next time.

When we (my colleagues and I) are a little tight in our lunch budgets, yet wanted varieties, we’ll go for Marilyn Cake House. Located along Jalan Pretty, just next to Nanyang… a gift shop that you must totally go if you’re in KB btw.

What’s good in Marilyn? Marilyn used to be a bakery and just recently (in 2003) expanded to café so don’t be surprise if you see shelves and shelves of bread loaf, along with other pastries.

P1170538
Their (salted-veggies) menu, with new revised prices.
(click to enlarge)

And we what always ordered…

P1170535
Beef lagsane, $3.80

P1170536
Mi Goreng special, as in INDOMIE! The waitress will asked if you want one packet or two packets.
$2.50 for the above one, one packet.

P1170537
Onion Rings, $1.80

P1170539
Beef Burger, $3.50

P1170543
Poutine, $3

Now.. this is something most of you should order because I don’t see much restaurant selling poutine.

If you don’t know what poutine is, Poutine is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy or sauce and sometimes additional ingredients.

I didn’t order Plum Soda that day but that’s my favorite drink in Marilyn. If you know me, you’ll know that I seldom order cold drinks but for Plum Soda, I WILL! MUST ORDER PLUM SODA!

3 comments:

Tina D said...

MUST BRING US HERE NEXT TIME! MUSSSTTTT! Halal, right? Hehehe.

Nonnie King said...

yes yes, halal of course.
impossible i go to non-halal restaurants with my malay colleagues~

Azan said...

aahhhh how i miss KB food!!! food from marilyn... kolo mee.. kway teow.. food from the upstairs pasar KB... etc