Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 4 – Hi Cambodia! Here comes Si-Makan dan Si-Tidur!

 

Woke up quite early that day just to pack (light) for Cambodia. Yeah, we’re so tired because we got back to our hotel at 1+am and couldn’t even bother with our luggage.

After packing, Mau realized she didn’t bring her padlock along for the weekend bag and so we went to 7/11 for that. 

 

01
Small alley along the way to 7/11 in Petchburi.

My eyes nearly popped out when I saw how close the drivers manage to park their cars so bloody near to the wall! No wonder cars in Bangkok banyak scratches.

 

02
My breakfast for only 40Baht!
Pork rice, nice nice. If got potato inside lagi chun.

 

 03
The hotel we’re going to stay after coming back from Cambodia.
My Hotel is just next to Best Bangkok House. It’s new, modern and… CHEAP!

 

04
Mau taking candid shot of me eating.

Mau’s camera rule no.1 – Only I get to camwhore with my camera, yang lain semua candid so I can be the prettiest.

Hahahhaaahahahah! So funnily mean. 

05
Mau, effortlessly pretty with eyes double (maybe triple) size of mine.

 

 06
Checking out Best Bangkok Hotel.
I don’t miss that place, at all!

Btw, remind me to suck in all the time to avoid picture as shown above with a very relaxing, bulging tummy saying hello to the world.

 

07
Dropped off our heavy luggage to My Hotel.

How nice kan? We only checked in like 3 days later and they allowed us to tumpang our luggage there in their store. I like I like.

While on our way to the airport,
08
the taxi driver suddenly pulled over on the highway, telling us ”Sorry, drink water many. Heh Heh” and went for a pillar-piss. o_O!

 

09
Smokey eyes courtesy of Miss Mau.

 

 10
Can anyone tell me where to buy Q10 drink in Brunei, or Miri?
It tasted quite good and… good for skin bah.

 

11
Lunching here.
A place with no free wifi.
:S

 

Since we couldn’t leech wifi from any spot in the airport, we went to a CC instead. Mahal eh! Like 50 baht for 20 mins, I think?

12
Mau the internet addict in action.

 

13
while I just camwhored out of boredom.

 

 14
Mau: That’s why everyone should use MAC! No Windows error!

When I saw the error message, I had the urge to look for a mouse and click “OK”!

 15
Oh oh! We bought our super chio “My mask is cooler than yours!” masks in the airport too!

Whenever I wore that mask, I will have strangers coming up to me asking me where did I get my mask? I know, you also want one kan?

Mau was like the center of attraction when she wore them! Everyone was just staring and whispering when they saw her. In Phnom Penh, people even blew her kisses!

And… I miss the headband I was wearing in the above photo. It’s my favorite and I left it in the taxi in Phnom Penh…. *sad*

 16
First thing I reached out in the aircraft.

 

Wanted to order nasi lemak but they only had pop-mee.
17

….. RM6 for this. So sad eh.

 

An hour later…

18

Phnom Penh International Airport!
My first impression was, “Wah… like Brunei airport hor?”

19
First camwhore picture in Cambodia (toilet)

 
The PP International Airport is rather amusing. I mean, weird in an interesting way.

Take a look for yourself.

20
Does it look like an airport to you?

Another one,21
Looks more like a park or resort right?

24
(Now this looks more like Brunei)


I tell you, the moment I stepped out of the airport, I found myself wow-ing, ooh-ing and Mau!See this!–ing sakai-ly constantly.  

Super sua-ku (kampong girl).

22
Taxi drivers waiting for business.

According to our taxi driver,
23

(woooooooooooo… left-hand drive! Sorry, sakai again)

we’re his very first customers for the day. The business was rather bad as it’s not the peak period or something.

Huh? Just few hours we’re at one of the busiest cities in the world with lots of skyscrapers and neon lights, and next, we felt like we lived in the 70s.

 

Look at the shop lots.

25

 

and the road….

26

 

It does give you a retro feel right?

27

 

And most of the motor cyclists I saw were not wearing helmets!

28


even the tourists…

 29

Having more than 1 passenger behind the bike is a common thing in Cambodia. The maximum I saw was 5. And only the driver wears helmet. Don’t ask me why, maybe that’s the culture I guess?


Yoyo booked us Bougain Villier Hotel, a very nice place at Sisowath Quay.

30

 

It’s very oriental and the scent was overpowering that the moment Maurina stepped in, she already rasa paning.

31

 

If any of you are interested, here’s the contact. 

32

 

Our room.
33

which gave us a feeling that we’re on our honeymoon trip.

 

Spacious bathroom
34

 

Huge mirror just opposite the bed, which is bad for fengshui because it will suck your soul in it.

35

 

Newly weds trying out the bed!
36

It rhymes! Hahahhahaa.

 
After settling down, we went out for a stroll.
But first thing first….

37
How to jalan if no money?

The colors of the bank is very Stan-Chart kan?

 

Temple near our hotel.
38

 

 

Camwhoreeeeeeee~
39

Okay, I just realized I wore the mask upside down for the above picture.
So embarrassing.


As I said, Cambodia is a very interesting place… Everything is so “Out of the Box”! 

Example…

40
A coffin shop out of no where, just along the busy street of Sisowath Quay with a lot of tourists passing by.

Did you see the small teley behind the man (stop looking at the Khmer guy’s nipple or rib cage please)? When we passed by the coffin shop again, we saw kids resting their arms on the coffins and watching Tom and Jerry on the teley. What a scene really!

 

Tonle Sap – The unusual lake.

41

Unusual because :

1) its flow changes direction twice a year, and
2) the portion that forms the lake expands and shrinks dramatically with the seasons

And that’s the reason why we couldn’t go to Siam Reap by boat at the time…
 

42

 


Kids playing around…
43

No! I’m not a pedo and that kid WAS wearing his underwear while changing.


The wall was quite steep and yet the kids managed to run away effortlessly. 

44

 

Kids in Cambodia were all not shy and very outspoken…
Why I said that? I’ll tell you why later.

45

Oh ya, not only the kids are outspoken, the taxi/tuk-tuk/motorbike drivers too!

From the moment we stepped out of our hotel, we’ll get approached constantly, “Tuk Tuk miss?”
”Taxi miss?”
”City tour?”
”Killing field?”
”Oh miss… I see you two times already. Tuk tuk?”
(Because they recognized Mau from her sexy mask)
”Hehehhehee. Sexy” (Then pointed at Mau’s mask and blew kisses)

When they saw us coming down from a taxi, the tuk-tuk drivers will asked..
“Miss, why you take taxi? Why you no take tuk-tuk?”

Persistent much.

 

46
I realized Cambodians love to relax themselves in the evening.
Walking around, dating, dancing, play badminton… beside the roads!

 

47

 

Okay, here’s the story…

Oh wait. Before I proceed, let me share with you something interesting in Phnom Penh.

In Bangkok, the street vendors sell all sort of stuffs. Snacks, noodles, fashion items, bags, lingerie and so on.. In Phnom Penh, they sell ……….

…. wait for it

…….. wait for it



BOOKS!!!

 
Yes! Books!
No coconut, no ice creams, no fishballs… BOOKS only!

Lonely Planets and paperback novels!

o_O!

 


So here’s the story. I’ll be going to HCM in December so I felt like buying a copy of Lonely Planet lor… I passed by quite a few stores but lazy to stop and buy because.. aku takut persistency durang…

Then came two boys, carrying a plastic basket around their shoulders with books inside.

The first boy approached me. “Miss, you want to buy books?”

I took a look in his basket and didn’t see any Lonely Planet..
Hence I told him “No”.

Then the second boy came over and asked the same thing… I saw the book I want and asked him how much was the book.

Boy: 5 dollars.
Me: 5 dollars? I saw the lady at the street there selling for only 4 dollars!
Boy: That 1 dollar I earn miss. I need money too.
Me: (You gotta love his honesty! And he spoke really good English.. even better than my students okay!) Okay, I’ll buy it. Do you go to school? (I was concerned with Child labour and stuffs)
Boy: Yes I go to school in the morning, I sell books at night.
Me: *still very impressed by his English*

48
The happy boy who earned $1 from me.


Then the nightmare came….

The younger boy who asked me earlier was really unhappy with the fact that I bought from his friend instead of him because he asked me first and came bombarded me with questions!

Young Boy: WHY YOU BUY FROM HIM! I ASK YOU IF YOU WANT BOOK, YOU SAY NO! THEN YOU BUY FROM HIM! WHY YOU BUY FROM HIM!
Me: Because I don’t see the book I want from you.
Young Boy: YOU CAN ASK! I GO FIND! EH EH! WHY YOU BUY THE BOOK FROM HIM! WHY YOU DON’T BUY FROM ME! I ASK YOU FIRST!

And he kept running in front of me and stopped me from walking. Wah lao eh….
Kick till.

He chased me for 9 streets okay.
Bah.. I exaggerated a bit, only 3 streets lah.. until we stepped in a restaurant baru he jalan.

Heng ah.


Lesson learned.
Never buy anything from children.

By the way, it was stated in the travel guide too. If you really want to help the children, keep them safe and away from the streets so that they won’t be exposed to risk. Do not buy things from them as it will only keep them roaming around. Just that, I only read about it like…. 1 day later.

Regret eh!

Remember ah! If you’re going to Cambodia. Do not buy anything from the children.

 

 

The restaurant we dined in, which Hou Jiet suggested.

49

 
Oh ya, met a Singaporean guy in Tonle Sap waterfront and hahahahhaaa… he thought I was a Singaporean too!

How cool is that.
Well, Chinese in Brunei speaks Singlish too bah. Same slang.

 

50

Mau’s super healthy salad

 

51
My very average spaghetti bolognaise.

Mahal eh if you dine in those touristy restaurants! It’s all in USD and.. the food is very very average. Nothing authentic about it. Thanks to Pablo who recommended Mau a number of halal restaurant then we baru we tasted some halal and not-your-average food.


Our hotel lobby, the apartment side.

52

Can you see the door in the middle of the picture? To go to our room, we had to get through the door and walked up the stairs.

 53
Thank goodness we only stayed at the second floor!

The security was quite tight there as the staffs screened all the guest before letting them in. Like, if someone is visiting you, you have to let them know first. And when your guest arrived, they will called your room and ask if it’s okay to let your guest in now.

There isn’t much happening night life in Phnom Penh so by 8.30pm… we’re already back to our hotel (after buying mineral water from a local store and there’s no where else to shop – Night market only available during the weekends), and slept before 11pm.

54

Oh ya, Mau left the key of her padlock in Bangkok and thanks to the cute bell boy, who had made several trips up and down, managed to pry open the zip of the luggage.

 

Day 5 – ANGKOR WAT!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-) look at this emo boy hair over this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com