Friday, February 16, 2007

My (Belated) Valentine's Celebration

Just sent my parents off this morning.It's official now. I'm going to be alone for CNY (Chinese New Year).

Bobby was so nice that he brought my family and I down to Miri yesterday and sent them off this morning.... Yes, they're my parents and I'm suppose to send them, and not trouble the boyfriend. But I really don't want to feel the sorrow waving bye to them while me standing and driving back to Brunei alone.

And, boyfriend must take good care of girlfriend one right and make sure they're fine kan?

Not having the chance to celebrate on February 14, Bobby and I had a belated celebration.

We only had a card exchange thingie and a lunch. No flowers and chocolates... (Erm.. paper chocolates have lah)

Our Cards

I made him a card, and he made me a BOX!

See... lost again....

Okay okay, I know I'm not suppose to compare. But can't help it bah.


Bobby and the valentine card I made




Nice right the box Bobby made?

He drew the box cover.. the roses and all the others himself. And inside the box, he made a chocolate menu writing all the chocolate names and the story behind.

So sweet can die!

Even though I don't received any real flowers and chocolates.. this is more than enough. At least it is not perishable and I can keep them forever.

If the flowers are not drawn...but hand fold himself by using real cash money, PERFECT!

(What can I say, Realist!)




We had lunch in Fratini in Miri.


The purpose of the above picture is not to show you how loving/ fat we are.. but to show you my shirt.

The red checker heart is already cut by me and later stitched on to the plain white shirt.

The original white tee is very boring, so I thought adding a little something to it will make it looks better.



Oh ya, this necklace is given by him too. I saw it in a boutique and liked it. So I turned to him and say,

"Eh, You thought of getting me anything for valentine's day already?"

"Nope. No idea yet"

"Bah, ok... Pay this for me. This will be my Valentine's gift, can?"

Hehe, I know some of you might think that I'm romantic, but the fact is.. I'm not that lovey dovey. I'm overly straight forward sometimes and words from my mouth never sounded any sweeter. (Got la.. but rarely)


And see this below picture. I'm sure you guys saw it quite often liao one.


But my question is,

So dangerous! How come no policemen stop him saman the driver?


p/s: I'm very tired now. But I'll be blogging often since I got no family to celebrate CNY and nothing to do.

10 comments:

lunaticgal said...

i love the bobby idea's!
great! its great! another GREAT for him!!
for nonnie ..
hmmm ...
......... (<< this is the comment :P)
lol, dun take it too serious
but im serious.
LOOOOOOOL!

hulamak, wil this comment made u for not reading my blog anymore!?

Eleanor said...

Hello Nonnie - Happy New Year! Hope it will be a great one for you and your family. Brgds.E.

Anonymous said...

quite handal ah you guys at making presents / cards.. these ones are the best looking yet..

Nonnie King said...

Lunee : Of course I'll still read your blog, it's obvious that his card win my 9 streets mah.

And... what does the long string of "......" means for my card ah?

Not nice meh?

Nonnie King said...

Eleanor : Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

Rebbe : He always tell me he run out of ideas to make my card but everytime he also top me!

The best is next to come~

I hope one day we can make our own wedding invitation card.

Anonymous said...

CNY you got frens bah .. that's y they are there for .. LOL

Nonnie King said...

Ahhem, and which kawan are you? Don't shy shy lah.

Iwan said...

Nonnie, i gotta be honest with you,
i have never come across couples that exchange hand made cards to each other...

Both u and bobby are unique!!!

Hahahaha!!!

The card is fantastic esp bobby's..

ooops....

hahahaha

Atul said...

WAHHH!! LAWA!!!

Bobby's box.. Cool! Lucky you ah. Hehehe..

Happy Chinese new year Nonnie.. :)

Nonnie King said...

Iwan : Thanks. Because I don't buy cards but made them myself, so my boyfriend has to do the same. Feels sweeter and more sincere.
I'm sure you'll get a girlfriend like that too~

No need oops la, very obvious his is better than mine.


Atul : Why lucky me? Why not lucky him?
Bleh. Just kidding~