Saturday, June 4, 2016

How much did I spend on my 13 Days Taiwan + Japan Trip





























Hi guys! I'm finally back from my trip and it is one of the blog's tradition that I jot down how much I spent on my trip. Not sure if anyone is interested but I'm just going to do it.

Before I start listing out the expenses, there's a few things I need to say first:

1) Initially, Taiwan is not part of  the plan. But when the news of Power Station having their first ever concert in Taipei Arena in 19 years and somemore during my semester break, I just had to go!

2) Flying  to Japan from Taiwan is a terrific idea! (If you don't mind adding an extra leg from Brunei to KK first). There's A LOT of airlines (a handful of budget one as well) and flights flying to KIX (Kansai Internation Airport) daily and I checked, 21 direct flights!!!!!! Jetstar, China Airlines, Peach Aviation, Tigerair, JAL, EVA Air, V Air, TransAsia, Cathay Pacific and Vanilla Air. And the duration is only 2 hours plus. Perfect for those who can't take long haul.

3) Instead of the popular JR Pass, I picked 3 days Kansai Thru Pass, one trip of Shinkanshen from Osaka to Tokyo and the rest, maybe One Day metro pass or just by trip. I actually did a lot of comparison and for the destinations I was going, it's not worth for me to get the JR Pass. So yeah, before you choose what pass is best for you, you need to decide where you are going first. That makes thing a lot easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air Fares (All One Way)

Brunei to KK (RB) - BND 90.00
KK to Taipei (AirAsia) ~ BND 140.00
Taipei to Osaka (TigerAir) ~ BND 217.00
Tokyo Haneda to KL (AirAsia) ~ BND360.00
KL to Brunei (AirAsia) ~ BND 78.00

(All with insurance and also baggage 20 - 25kg)

BND 885.00 per pax


Accomodation

KK Times Square Hotel (1 Night) ~ BND 52.00
Ximending BNB (2 Nights) ~ BND 126.00
Osaka BNB in Namba (5 Nights) ~ BND 555.00
Tokyo BNB in Shinjuku (4 Nights) ~ BND 497.00

Divided by 2 pax ~ BND 615.00 per person

Note: All the bnb I picked comes with washing machine because I'm auntie like that. And also, both bnbs in Japan provides free mobile wifi too.


Transportation

KK Airport to city - RM 30.00
City to Airport - RM 45.00 (Because it's 4am in the morning...)
Bus from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Main Station (Return) - NTD 125.00 x 2 = NTD 250.00
Bus from KIX to OCAT Namba - 1,050 Yen
One day Metro Pass in Osaka - 800 Yen
Kansai Thru Pass (3 days) - 5,200 Yen
Shinkanshen from Osaka  to Shinjuku - 14,450 Yen
One day Tokyo Metro ticket - 600 Yen
Hakone Free Pass - 5140 Yen

Roughly BND 378.00

(Of course there's other metro trips but I just couldn't remember exactly how many trips I took so I'm not going to list in it)


Note: I really love Kansai Thru Pass because not only there's discount coupon that comes with that, it's super duper convenient because you only need one pass to go everywhere! Hanshin, Hankyu, Kintetsu, Subway. For the three days (Kyoto, Kobe and Nara), that's really the only pass that took us everywhere we went.



Admission Tickets

Osaka Castle -600 Yen
Kiyomizu-Dera - 400 Yen
Kin-no-yu Onsen - 650 Yen
Todai-ji Temple - 500 Yen

Roughly BND 27.00



-----------------
BND 1,905.00
-----------------





Where did I go?

Day 1 - Brunei to KK
Day 2 - KK to Taipei (Ximending,Eslite bookstore, Ling Jiang Night Market, Raohe Night Market)
Day 3 - Longshan Temple, Xiao Nan Men (for Formosa Zhang's Ru Rou Fan), Taipei Arena
Day 4 - Fly to KIX, Namba, Dotonburi, Shinsaibashi
Day 5 - Kuromon Market, Osaka Castle,Harukoma Sushi, Shinsaibashi and Dotonburi again
Day 6 - Kyoto Day Trip. Nishiki Market, Kimono Rental, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kaiseki Lunch at Gion Nanba, Yasaka Shrine, Kiyomizu Dera, Gion Tsujiri for green tea parfait
Day 7 - Kobe Day Trip. Meriken Park, Harbourland, Chinatown, Kitano-cho, Arima Onsen
Day 8 - Nara Day Trip. Kofuku-ji, Nara Park, Izasa Todaiji for lunch, Todai-ji, Nakatanidou Moji
Day 9 - Yasaka Namba shrine, Nagai Park, Shinjuku, Akihabara
Day 10 - Hakone Day Trip
Day 11 - Shibuya, Harajuku, Shinjuku
Day 12 - Tsukiji Market, Asakusa, Odaiba
Day 13 - Jalan-jalan here and there before flying to KL
Day 14 - KL - Brunei



I have to be honest with you all that it's not a budget trip because we didn't sacrifice comfort over money. And we splurged on food, like a lot. It was my first visit to Kansai area and second time  to Tokyo. Honestly, I prefer the Kansai area but since Mr. Lim had never been to Japan, so I thought of maximizing the trip for him.

So here it is. I hope this post gives those interested to go Japan a slight idea on what to expect and plan.

Ciao~







No comments: