Sunday, August 7, 2011

Banana Choco Chip Muffins

When Chef Wan signed his autograph on the mini cookbooks set for me, he said with a heavy sigh that he really wished that people who bought his cookbooks will try his recipes and not just put it on the shelf as display. And I did! For a start, I picked the easiest one…

I’m usually bad in making sweet treats because:
1) I’m not much of a sweet tooth
2) Unlike cooking that I can just pause, taste and adjust to my liking and be creative with ingredients
3) No one knows whether the cake/cookies/tarts/pie will be a success until you shove it in to the mouth!

P1210143
Hassle-free ingredients and only 4 easy steps!

P1210133
Me no haz mixer…. and me lazy borrow from neighbour… me ask me boyfriend hand-mix it.

P1210134
I forgot (intentionally) to buy muffin cups and I remember seeing recipes from my pie maker that it can be used to bake muffins as well, so I put my beloved pie maker in to good use!

Big big thanks to 48, who hand-carried it back for me from kangarooland!
Every time I use also must feel grateful for having such awesome best friend (who doesn’t go online a lot these days and yes! CCM! I iz complaining you! Hahhaha. Got buy me souvenir from Fiji or not?)

P1210138

P1210135
*ta da*
Nicely shaped muffins! (with caramelized sliced banana on top)
Best served with vanilla ice cream!

Next project: Apple and pear tart with butterscotch sauce and chicken kiev!
(Requested by Bob-the-bi)

3 comments:

48 said...

sorry no souvenier worth buying.. not unless u want turtle shape bowl?

Nonnie King said...

HAHAHHHAHA! why so lui one?
that place so fei ah?

Thanis Lim said...

OMG I SI BEH SUKA YOUR PIE MAKER!! I WANT ONE!!